Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday, February 3rd - according to the groundhog, spring is just around the corner

This morning it's a calm -7' with a few flakes fluttering down. Not a bad day at all. It's pretty much going to stay this temperature for the day but we should see some sun.

In the end, we apparently got about 11 cm of snow in total. It's all light fluffy stuff and if the wind picks up any time soon, it will be a nightmare driving. But for now it's fine. Yesterday morning the roads were in great shape and last night coming home the highway was perfectly clear. Not really much of a storm although other parts of the Maritimes had it much worse. We're pretty lucky here, because a lot of time we manage to escape the worst of things.

After a pretty uneventful day, I went home, had a bite to eat (left overs from the night before) and was trying something with the left over pastry that was in the fridge. My plan was to have it all done and cleaned up before Brenda arrived a little after 7:00 but exercise class was cancelled again so she arrived a little after 6:30. Needless to say I was in the midst of a floury mess, but that was fine. So I finished my Jam Frangipane Tarts and while they baked we had some crackers and goats cheese, and a wee glass of wine, of course. Once they were out of the oven we headed upstairs to do some work. She's really getting into it now. She's very good at picking up on what colours of paper to use and has good ideas, so she really doesn't need my help. We worked away for a while, finishing one page from earlier on in the week, and a new one under way. By then we figured it was time to go back downstairs for a cup of tea and a tart. It was, after all, a work night. I had to get up early in the morning, as did she, to drive a bus.

She mentioned that she'd had a very productive day at home and I'd had a good day at work so we didn't feel the need to madly work into the midnight hours to finish what we were doing. It's quite nice to be able to just work on a page, then leave it, and come back to it a few days later. It may take us the rest of the winter to finish the projects we're working on but that's not a bad thing. I'm really enjoying doing it this way. I've really only ever done most of my scrapbooking at retreats where you work flat out for 2 or 3 days. This way is much more civilized, although I did really enjoy the retreats we did in the past. I met some great people and saw some amazing work back in those days. Unfortunately Brenda only gets to see what I've done and there are so many much more creative people out there. But the bottom line is we'll get it done and be proud of what we've accomplished when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment