Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday, March 2 - a night of Rock and Roll - without Grandma

It's a calm -10' this morning, much better than the really cold morning yesterday. We're warming up to -3' and a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. We may get some rain tomorrow but I hope not too much. I really want there to be some snow when the kids get here next weekend.

So, yesterday afternoon Patti and I were texting back and forth about what the kids would like to do when they are here. At the end of one of the message she mentioned that she and James were going to see 'Hedley'  last night. James has become quite a fan in the past year or so. Then a little while later I received this message from her:

"Hedley" at the pet store




Oh my god, we just stopped at the pet store to get Meadow some food, and Hedley was there! They were buying fish. They let me take a picture. Too bad James wasn't with us!












I can only imagine how disappointed James must have been to miss the chance to meet them up close and personal.



This morning I got this message from Patti


Well, here we are. The opening acts just ended, and we are waiting for the main event. Its times like this that I wish you were still here, cause then I could stay home while you take him to these things! (Haha)





It seems the Rock and Roll gene skipped a generation! (ha ha )
I would have loved to be able to take him to the concert last night, and last year. I was so thrilled that I got to take Meghan to her first concert - Taylor Swift. As I said at that time, when she was standing on her chair waving my lit cell phone back and forth in time to the music (lack of bic lighters these days) I knew that my work there was done - she totally gets it! (and not everyone does). I suppose there are worse things they could have inherited from their grandma...







No comments:

Post a Comment