Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday, March 21st - what a beautiful day we had yesterday

It's currently 3' outside and heading for 16 sunny degrees this afternoon. It's a little chilly in the house this morning because I didn't need to light the fire yesterday afternoon so it's cool right now but I know it will warm up later. I filled up my wood last night because I know I'm not done with it yet! There will still be many cool evenings when I'll be grateful to be able to keep it going. But today I shouldn't need it.

I picked up a few branches last night after getting the wood done, then came inside and had something to eat. By that time the day was pretty much over. I've caught up on the TV shows I had taped and I'm giving serious consideration to suspending my satellite for a few months as there are so many other things I could be doing with my time. It just seems so easy to park myself in front of the TV and before I know it the evening is over. Maybe if I don't have that available I'll make better use of my time - especially now that it's daylight so much later in the day.  I know we will still have some cold weather ahead and that's fine but that's no excuse to become such a couch potato.

Brenda and Bernie are heading off to Boston this morning. Hopefully they won't have any break downs this trip. If the weather is anything like it is here, it will be lovely travelling.  But it is March so you never know what you could run into down the road. Rumour has it we could get some snow on Saturday or Sunday. After this week that will be a brutal awakening.

Well, not much to write about this morning so I will leave you with some words of wisdom  someone sent me as quoted by the legendary John Wayne:




 Description: cid:1.2019299581@web120603.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
Five Rules to Remember in Life

1. Money cannot buy happiness but its more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard's name.
3. Help someone when they are in trouble and they will remember you when they're in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.
5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment