Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday, March 14th - a quiet evening

It was errily quiet at the Denny house last night. All the bustle and activity is gone and it was just Cooper and I waiting for the snowstorm, which this morning isn't much of a storm. There are a few cms of new snow on the ground but not too much. The wind hasn't started as yet, to speak of, but we may get more snow throughout the day today. The upside is it doesn't look like we received any freezing rain, but then it's kind of hard to tell until I actually go outside. It's only -3' at 5:30 and we're heading for 0' later today.




It looks like they made their flights yesterday with no trouble. I received a picture Patti sent of James walking through the Montreal airport. Seems there were a few raised eyebrows as he went through, although I'm not surprised. Most kids his age have to be tied down to get them dressed up like this.  I know the guys at my work were quite impressed. All he needed to complete the look was a laptop or I-pad.








So after a bit of TV and some laundry, I called it a night and got a great night's sleep. Lots of activity as well as the time change finally caught up with me I think. I'm sure everyone slept well last night, back home in their own beds.

And finally this little story to bring a smile to your face this morning, because many of us have been there...


HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING, SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD? WELL......YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE!

MY NAME IS ALICE SMITH AND I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST. I NOTICED HIS DENTAL DIPLOMA, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME.

SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY SECONDARY SCHOOL CLASS SOME 30-ODD YEARS AGO.

COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN?

UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT.

THIS BALDING, GREY HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS FAR TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE. AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK SECONDARY SCHOOL ...

'YES, YES I DID. I'M A MORGANNER!' HE BEAMED WITH PRIDE.

'WHEN DID YOU LEAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE?' I ASKED

HE ANSWERED, "IN 1965. WHY DO YOU ASK?"

'YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!' I EXCLAIMED.

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY.

THEN THE UGLY,

OLD,

BALD,

WRINKLED,

FAT ARSED,

GREY HAIRED,

DECREPIT,

BASTARD ASKED..








'WHAT DID YOU TEACH?'



No comments:

Post a Comment