Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday, March 22 - the end of summer is near

Somewhere in Charlottetown
It's a balmy 13' at 5:00 in the morning in the middle of March. How bizarre is that? It got up to 20' yesterday and in the sunshine it was absolutely beautiful but it's just not right. I sat outside on a lawn chair and read a magazine when I got home, while my supper was cooking in the oven. Today should be more of the same but tomorrow is back to normal and we may have snow again by the beginning of next week. We know it won't last but we're sure enjoying it while it's here. Brenda told me the other day she has tulips starting to come up.

I still have some snow around but it took a real beating yesterday, so of course now everything is mud. But if we do get more snow, it probably won't last too long.

Yesterday after much thought I decided to suspend my satellite service. I still had two programs saved on the PVR and  I can still watch those. So what did I do with myself all night long? Well, I had supper, then I sat down to work on Lloyd's resume. I had done quite a bit of it at work yesterday and the program I used indicated it was free, but it turns out that was just to actually write up the resume. In order to save it or copy it or print it you have to pay a fee. It's not a lot, only $4.95 for a 7 day window to do what you want with it but then on the 8th day you are billed $39.95 monthly for continuous use but you can cancel at any time. Yeah, right. I suspect it would be one of those things where you have to fight like crazy to get it cancelled and in the meantime you spend a ton of money. So, I had to re-create it. Too bad because the one I had was a really great one (well, in my opinion anyway). Most of it is done again but I have a little more to do. Hopefully I will finish it tonight so I can send it to Lloyd and he can give it his stamp of approval. Today I'll work on the cover letter. I did find an interesting article on what NOT to include on a resume and it was a really valuable tool.
If he has trouble finding a job here, it won't be because I didn't do the best I could!

I worked on that until around 10:00 then went upstairs and read for a bit before going to sleep. It's amazing how much time I have to do other things when I'm not parked in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment