Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday, March 20th - okay, we're ready for some of that nice weather

After reading and hearing about the out of this world March temperatures in southern Ontario for the past week, we're really ready for a little bit of that ourselves. Today is supposed to be 13' with a bit of wind and a mix of  sun and cloud and tomorrow is heading for 16'. I hope it happens as promised because that's all everyone is talking about. Ontario is always very quick to pass on the cold wintery weather when they receive it, but they've been especially stingy about sharing the nice weather with us this time.

I'm hopeful that all the snow in front of the wood storage is cleared away so I can use the cart to fill up my wood supply. On the weekend the snow was too deep to use the cart but there wasn't enough to use the sled so hopefully I can accomplish that task this afternoon. Besides if it's 13' I want to be spending some time outdoors and enjoying it after being cooped up inside all day looking at it through giant picture windows.






Lloyd sent me this  picture of the guys at the airport relaxing in the sun after eating his Irish Stew on Saturday. We just want a little of that. I think they're really going to miss his cooking  when he leaves. Oh well, we'll certainly enjoy it out here.





I've posted the recipe for the Coconut Cream Pie that Brenda made on Sunday on At Our Island Table. Check it out. It was SOOOOO good!





Enjoying the corned beef and cabbage on Sunday evening




So Brenda has a very bad cold, as does Lloyd but they can't blame each other due to the distance. Brenda figures she caught it from one of the kids on the bus. I'm reminded of how many colds I suffered through the first year I worked in Day Care back in the 70's.  One of the girls I worked with even got the Chicken Pox and was off on Workers Comp because she contracted them at work. Go figure.
Because she was feeling a little under the weather we didn't scrap book last night. I was just as glad as I hadn't slept very well the night before and I was really quite tired. After heating up some leftovers for supper, then doing the dishes, I watched a bit of TV then went to bed. A good nights sleep and I'm ready to take on anything today has to throw at me.



No comments:

Post a Comment