Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday, March 6th - 2 more sleeps!

It's a mild -6' this morning and will stay around -4' this afternoon. We have another cm or so of snow on the ground but I'm concerned it might be gone by the weekend. Thursday is predicted to get to 9' and rain and that will really make a mess of things. So we'll just have to see. Yesterday morning we had a good 7 or cms of light fluffy  snow out here but in town it was more like 2 cms. Doesn't bode well for Brookvale, but we'll see.

It was a fairly mild day yesterday. I think it hovered around the freezing point all day but you can definitely feel spring in the air.. Even in the morning when I was brushing the snow off the car, you could hear birds chirping in the trees, so it definitely had a spring feel to it.

Last night Brenda was supposed to have a meeting but it got cancelled so she was able to come over and do some scrapbooking. We generally work from 7:00 to 9:00 and then we'e done. While she was here I got a phone call from two of the kids. Meghan and Tristen where at Lloyd's because "My mom's at work, James is at a hockey game and we don't know where my dad is. Oh yeah, he has a meeting",  They were calling from Papa's I-Pad so they thought that was pretty cool. And they seemed quite excited about coming down here for the weekend.

When we finished up the pages we were working on, we had a cup of tea and a slice of Mandarin Orange Cake. I've made it for Brenda before and she really likes it. so as requested, the recipe is now on the other site. (Click on the name to be redirected)

Tonight and tomorrow I'll do a bit of cleaning and some laundry to get ready for my guests on Thursday. Other than that, it's a pretty quite time but I know that will change by the end of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Iris Estrada and I'm a journalism student at the University of King's College in Halifax. I'm currently working on a piece on how PEI has changed over the years and was hoping I could ask you a few questions on the matter. I'm looking to get an Islander's perspective, to hear from someone whose lived in PEI for several years now and would notice change. If interested, please contact me at iris.estrada1@gmail.com or 902-719-5162. Thank you and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete