Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8th - but it feels like Friday!!!

Okay, it's the 8th of March and the temperature is 2' at 5:00 am  and we're heading for a mostly sunny 9' later. How bizarre is this? It should be beautiful by the time Patti and the kids get here. Unfortunately it will play havoc with our snow, as will the mild rainy day in store for tomorrow. But we'll keep our fingers crossed. It's supposed to be colder again on Saturday and with any luck at all, there might still be enough snow to cross country ski, but it might be too slippery. I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

Today's weather was all everyone talked about yesterday. I truly hope it turns out as nice as everyone is expecting or there will be a lot of disappointed islanders.The up side is they've taken the rain out of the forecast and replaced it with sun so it might be even better than we expected. Let's hope. I was watching the Toronto news last night and they had the nice weather yesterday - well nicer actually. It was 16' in Toronto and everyone was out taking advantage of it. Golfers, people in the parks, outside patios - we Canadians do love the first warm weather of the spring. But we know's this isn't it yet.

I did get a text message from Brenda yesterday that she was at Dalvay waiting for her cousin to go skiing. I must admit I was  a little envious. But my turn will come when I don't have to go to work everyday and can take advantage of those opportunities.

Well, not much else to report right now. I have a couple of little things to do before the kids get here today so I'm off!  (3 days off!!!!! YAAAAAAY)



No comments:

Post a Comment