Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday, March 15th - I love the Ides of March

I've always loved the Ides of March because there's always some radio announcer who tells everyone to beware. I love it because my friend Cathy's birthday is today and it's always a reminder for me.  So, if you read this, Happy Birthday Cathy!

Well, we got some snow but I don't think it's any 20 cm. It's always a little hard to tell out here on the hill because if there's any wind at all it blows around so some spots are bare and others are drifted. Not easy to get a feel for quantity until I get out on the road. But from the back door, it doesn't look too bad. Of course I was a little envious yesterday when I checked the Toronto weather to see that they were sitting at a sunny 17' and likely to remain that way through to the beginning of next week where it's predicted to be 20' on Monday. Come on guys, it's not even spring yet.  While it would be nice, it's not right. I'd much rather have that weather in summer, thank you very much. I'd be afraid if we had that now, we might have a cold and wet summer and who needs that? Certainly not us! So we'll take the snow in March, where it's supposed to be.

I'm sure that weather will mess up some Ontario folks plans for March Break. It's nice but not beach weather and anyone who planned to go skiing on their holiday is pretty much out of luck. I'm sure they'll find other things to do but how weird is that?

I was talking to Lloyd last night and he's decided to stay at his current job until June 1st. He feels he needs that amount of time to finish off the plane as well as have time to put the flying hours on it that it will require. I am a little disappointed that it will be that much longer but the time will pass quickly. He also decided not to come down for Easter as he can use that time for building. He'll have to come down to pick up the car but he can do that on the 24th of May weekend. Then he won't have to find a place to park the car and trailer until June. It will all work out in the end. I still have trouble believing it will be over 3 years since this all took place. Sometimes it feels like a really long time but other times it feels like it was only a few months ago.

I was hoping to put in a vegetable garden this summer so hopefully we can rent a rototiller while he's here in May and get it ready and we can plant it when he gets here. That will still be lots of time.

Tonight Brenda and I are going to see The Artist. It's playing at the little theatre downtown. It's our favorite place to go to see movies. The Iron Lady hasn't played there yet but we expect it will in the next couple of months. That's the other one we really want to see. Next week we can get back on track with our scrapbooking nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment