Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday, March 29th - more seasonable today

Last night was a chilly but beautiful night. The sky was clear and filled with bright stars, The temperature this morning is -6' and heading for -1' with a mix of sun and cloud. Much more appropriate weather for this time of year!

Well, I know I've said in the past I'm not a big fan of Indian food. But last night Brenda and I went out for curry at the Churchill Arms. They have a 2 for 1 special on Wednesday nights. We really could have used Lloyd there to help us order but we managed to figure something out. I ordered the Butter Chicken and Brenda ordered the Madras Beef. They each came with your choice of rice and/or fries and Chapatis. The curry part was served in a separate dish so we just asked for a couple of side plates so we could split both curries and share. The Madras indicated on the menu that it was very hot but it really wasn't. There was some heat and the flavour was good - but it wasn't so hot you couldn't taste it. The Butter Chicken was good as well. It wasn't like the buffet type of things I've been too where everything always tastes the same. It's still wouldn't be my first choice for a meal out but I would go there again. (Lloyd will be glad to hear that), I chose to order half rice and half fries but I think I would just go with rice the next time. I really like basmati rice and this was good mixed with the sauce from the meat.

Other than that it was a pretty uneventful day. Work was really busy so the day went by pretty quickly.

We left the restaurant a little before 7:00 and it was still bright daylight outside, as it was when I got home. Spring is here for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment