Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday, March 27th - so far, so good

Well the wind has been blowing all night long but we don't appear to have very much snow as yet - at least not in my back yard but who knows how much has blown away. It was pretty snowy last night on my way home from the Van Gaals but nothing to be concerned about. Hopefully this mornings warning of blowing snow won't be as bad as the wind sounds right now. It's -4' this morning and that's about where we will stay for the rest of the day.

Yesterday was a very busy day at work so the time went by pretty quickly. Lucky for me the local exercise class was cancelled so Brenda decided to make a roast chicken for supper and emailed to invite me. And what a feast it was - roast chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and turnip - yummmmm!

 Since we moved here most people know our house as the 'Old MacAvin' (?) place or the Walsh place. I knew the name Edwin Walsh but no one seems to know where he went. He was the nephew of the original owners.

So yesterday I was at my desk and an older gentleman came in to speak to one of the fellows in the business office.He told me his name was Edwin Walsh. You can imagine my surprise and I'm sure the poor man thought I was some kind of lunatic. I just stared at him and I said "You're Edwin Walsh?  Did you ever live in Pisquid"  He replied that he had. "I live in your house!" was my response. So after chatting for a couple of minutes about when we bought it and so forth, he had to go to his meeting.
When he was finished  he came back to my desk and I asked if I could be so bold as to invite him for supper when Lloyd comes to visit. He sort of hesitated at first and then I realized he was thinking. He said he would do that, but first he would visit his sister and see if she had any old photos of the house. I was ecstatic.
I have his phone number and he has our name and number and I'll touch base with him later in the week.  I have a plan. I want to put together a bit of a scrapbook with whatever history I can compile but make two copies. One I will keep and the other I will leave with the house when the time comes that we sell it (many years from now).  It would be neat to leave that for the subsequent owners down the road, with the stipulation that it say with the house.

Only on PEI!


No comments:

Post a Comment