Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday April 27th - the first bike ride of the season - albeit a short one

It's a chilly 5' this morning but it's not raining here as yet. It is supposed to rain most of the day and reach 13' so not such a great day, but we did need some rain.  I think I'll be needing to cut the grass by the beginning of the week.

Yesterday after work, I met Brenda, Will and Ethan at Papa Joe's for another Burger Love experience. Their  burger went something like this:

The Goddess 


"BOW DOWN AND REVEL IN THE GLORY OF THIS MEDITERRANEAN INFUSED ISLAND BEEF BURGER."


Mediterranean seasoned 100% Island Beef on a Toasted Zatar Ciabatta Bun with Garlic Sauce, Crumbled Feta, Banana Pepper Rings, Frisée Lettuce, Tomato and garnished with a Colossal Stuffed Olive, Pickled Turnip and Battered Banana Rings on top.


We really enjoyed this one. I loved the ciabetta bun and the breaded and deep fried banana peppers were divine. Never had those before but they were great. The meat had a similar flavour to the spicing in a Shwarma and it was pretty tasty. It was served with a choice of sides, which was really nice. Brenda had garden salad, I had Caesar salad, Ethan had the fries and Will had onion rings. It was a nice addition to have that choice. By all accounts it was a success.


When I got home I put my winter tires away (they were still in my trunk) and did a bit of puttering outside. Because it was so nice, and the next couple of days are going to be chilly and rainy, I thought, maybe this would be a good time to take my bike over to Brenda's. We plan to spend Sunday afternoon doing our annual clean and polish.  I called and she had just gotten home so I got my little beast out, suited up, and away I went. It felt good to get back on the road and I was much more comfortable than I was at the beginning of the season last year! That was pretty embarrassing actually. How I never fell off, I have no idea. But this year is already starting out great. I got to the VanGaals and Will had just arrived home so he put my bike up onto a stand so I can reach it easier. Now we're all ready to go on Sunday. 


Biker Update:


The boys made it safely to Laughlin, Nevada, their ultimate destination, and are now heading back home. They didn't plan to spend a lot of time there, it was just the excuse for the trip! They did go a little further, to the California border, so they could take a picture in front of the "Welcome to California" sign. They also managed to have breakfast at the Road Kill Cafe in Seligman, AZ, a spot Lloyd and I ate at during one of our trips. It sounds like they're having a good time in spite of  the heat. They're now headed north towards Colorado. 


One last interesting thought for the day:





No comments:

Post a Comment