Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday, April 18th - back to more seasonable weather today

This morning it's 6' outside with a bit of cloud cover and it's only going up to 7' later but the sun will come out. I suppose this is more appropriate for this time of year. And yes, there is possible snow flurries by the weekend so we're not quite there yet.

Yesterday morning I stopped into the Van Gaals to drop off cookies and joined Brenda and Bernie for a quick coffee before I went to work. The truck and trailer were all loaded and ready to roll. Brenda told me last night they were on the road by 8:00 in the morning. They had a beautiful day for travelling.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the whole thing and they don't run into any of the tornadoes that have been plaguing the mid-west US states. They plan to travel as much of Route 66 as they can till they arrive at their destination in Nevada, somewhere about an hour and a half from Las Vegas. Should be a great trip.

Last night Brenda came over and we worked out a game plan for the rest of the week. I have the house switched around so the table and chairs are in the living room to provide our dinner guests with some privacy on Saturday. I have some cleaning to do that I will finish up this week. Then Friday we'll meet after work and pick up the groceries and perhaps find a burger on our way home. That way we will have all day Saturday to prepare without having to go back into town. I'm looking forward to it, although it will be a little strange hosting a group of people in my home that I don't know. But....

............that will be good practice because THE TV PEOPLE CALLED ME YESTERDAY!!!

They were supposed to be here at the end of February and since I hadn't heard anything,  I assumed I just didn't get chosen. But things took a little longer than they expected. They're coming to my house on Saturday, May 5th to do a video interview, check out the space to see if filming is possible and I have to cook something for them. It has to be something simple that can be completed in 30 minutes but at the same time show off my skills. It will be the first week of lobster season so I'll work with that. I do have a game plan.  It's a little intimidating but exciting at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. aaahhh that's so exciting they called you!! Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll wow them!!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told someone at work this morning who called me a celebrity chef - it's either that or the laughing stock of the entire island... ha ha

      Delete