Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday, April 4th - Hopefully I'll have company today

It's a bright star filled sky this morning with temperatures hovering around the freezing point. We're heading for a high of 5' and a mix of sun and cloud so here's hoping they're right. Of course they're also suggesting some snow flurries for tonight but they might be wrong on that one - they were yesterday.

With any luck Lloyd should get home this afternoon. The flights are pretty full so it's a bit of a gamble but we'll see what happens. He's not going to have much time here so we want him to get here earlier rather than later so he can get everything in order for taking the trailer back with him on Sunday.

Yesterday I took his car in to get the oil changed and then at lunch I went over to the car wash that does the outside by hand and cleans and vacuums inside. Unfortunately a few other people had the same idea. There were 4 cars in line ahead of me when I got there and by the end of my lunch I had moved ahead 2 spaces so needless to say, the car is still not done. I had thought about doing it at the do-it-yourself place after work but it was just too darned cold yesterday. Besides Brenda called and invited me to supper. Our friend Bob was coming over and she was cooking liver and onions and bacon so how could I refuse? We had a lovely time and I ended up staying later than I probably should have, as I hadn't gone home first, but everything was fine when I got there a little before 8:00.  I still had to call the dog to come downstairs when I got home. He didn't seem to mind that I was late but I know I was pushing it.

So, really, nothing new this morning. Lloyd will be here for the full moon. When the sky is clear it's such an incredibly brilliant event. I don't think the Dennison's have been here for a full moon yet but I know they'll be astounded the first time they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment