Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday, April 25th - Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

It's a foggy 9' this morning but we should reach 13' later with sun in the morning and some light rain in the afternoon. We expected rain all day yesterday but it was on and off.

I had the great pleasure of attending the first Administrative Professionals Appreciation Day at Red Shores yesterday. I really expected to see some of the the girls from our old IAAP chapter but none were there. After walking around the trade show I found an empty seat at a table with 3 other ladies and I asked if it was alright if I joined them. They were very welcoming and it turns out one of them is the sister of someone I worked with at Honda.We had a bit of fun with that as I texted him and said I was enjoying lunch with his sister. We had a lovely buffet lunch, of which I ate WAY too much, followed by two guest speakers and some prize draws. I didn't win any prizes but free lunch and 3 hours away from the office were prize enough for me.  Today is the official admin day so to all my old IAAP friends, have a really great day. I'm not sure Cambridge will be hosting an event today as they are preparing to host the Canadian Divisions Conference in June so I'm pretty sure they're really busy with that. So have a great day everyone, where ever you spend it!

I had an interesting experience when I got back to the office as well. I was sitting at my desk when an older gentleman and a younger one walked up to my desk and asked if I was Sandra. I confirmed that I was, and it turns out it was a professor and one of his students from King's College in Halifax. A while back I had been contacted by a student named Iris, for an article she was writing on the island. This professor was visiting the island and wanted a photo to give her to go with her article. He said it would be featured on the College's website and some of the articles would be published in a national college publication. I don't think I had anything very profound to say so I doubt it will make it that far but I'd still love to read it when it's done. I will have to email Iris to send me a link when it's finished.

After work, Brenda was in town so we went to Papa Joe's to try their burger. Unfortunately there was quite a line up so we opted to go to the Merchantman Pub instead for the Mayan Burger which went something like this:

The Mayan burger:


"A TEMPLE OF EXOTIC FLAVOURS FOUND WAY SOUTH OF THE BORDER."


Oaxacan glazed 100% Island Beef with Pickled Jalapeno, White Bean Puree, Roasted Corn and Cherry Tomato Salsa, Guacamole, 
Greens in a Lime Vinaigrette with
Crispy Tortillas on a Toasted Sesame Bun.


All in all a good burger. My first bite I wasn't sure I liked it. I suspect there may be a bit of cilantro in the guacamole and that may have been what I was getting. But the beef was juicy and flavourful and once I got into it I enjoyed it. We split this one along with a Greek salad. After the huge lunch I had there was no way I would have been able to finish a whole burger but in retrospect this one wasn't that big so it would have been okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment