Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday, April 24th - lunch out for me today!

It's a balmy 14' this morning, but not raining as expected. We should get quite a bit of rain in the next 24 hours along with some high winds but the temperature will remain pretty stable where it is. It was a quiet evening yesterday. After getting home I found the house chilly and damp so a fire was desperately needed.  I'd stopped at the store to pick up some basics - milk, eggs, etc and the headed home. I had planned to visit a friend who's in the hospital but I was just too tired to be much company. Mondays are always crazy busy so you never stop all day, and I think I was still a little tired from a busy weekend. I'll stop by tonight or tomorrow night.

Lloyd got me on to an older TV show that I've been watching on Netflix and I only had 2 episodes left to watch. I was keen to get to the end, which I did. Then I discovered the new season started on April 8th so after some research, I was able to download the first two episodes. Needless to say the evening was spent in front of the computer.  But now I'm all caught up so the urgency to get to the end is gone. Now I just have to wait for new episodes to turn up each week.

I didn't talk to Brenda last night. She had a meeting and I'm not sure what time it took place so I have no news on the whereabouts of the two hairy bikes. I will report more on that tomorrow.

Today I have a 3 hour luncheon in honour of Administrative Professionals week at Red Shores. In the past I was always involved in hosting such an event so it will be quite a treat to just sit and enjoy the speakers and the whole experience. It's being hosted by the track and it's really nice of them to do this, all free of charge. I'm quite looking forward to it. So, I'd best get going and dress up a bit today!

1 comment:

  1. I finished season 2 last night as well. I will have to get the site you downloaded them from so we can be at the same spot and I know Caitlin is anxious to see them too.

    ReplyDelete