Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday, April 17th - More gorgeous weather on the way

My internet connection is painfully slow this morning so this will be fairly brief. I woke up to 11' this morning with just a little  wind - what a beautiful morning all ready and the sun isn't even up yet. Yesterday it was a bit breezy but it was sunny and warm and lovely - 18' when I left work.  When I got home I spent time outside raking and tidying up around the yard. I still have a ton of work to do out there, but it's starting to shape up. We're expecting more of the same today - I can hardly wait. I dragged the BBQ out but I didn't try lighting yet to ensure it works. I did try starting the lawn mower and it started right away. I knew she wouldn't let me down. All I need now is the compressor to blow up the flat tire and I'll be ready to roll. The grass hasn't started to turn green yet, much less grow, so I think I'm safe for a little while yet. But with this warm weather it won't be long. Once we get a good rain it will probably turn green overnight.

This week our big project is getting ready for the dinner we donated to the silent auction at the church fundraiser. The lady who bought it works at Bulk Barn in town. I was in there the other day and she's very excited about it. They've decided they would like to come here instead of us going there and that's fine. But with the table in the kitchen we thought it might seem weird for us to be cooking and serving and then just hovering over them as they ate. So I've moved the furniture around in the living room and the table and chairs is now in front of the fireplace. I think it will work okay. Brenda is coming over to help get ready for it. I'm also quite looking forward to it as they are basic meat and potatoes kinds of people so we'll see what we can do to broaden their culinary experience a little bit - but nothing too severe. 

They've chosen the French menu I prepared for them but have asked for a couple of substitutions. Tonight I'll work on the recipe part of things and make the shopping list. It should be fun - I hope it goes well. So the bulk of this week will be getting ready for Saturday evening for Dinner at Denny's!





Last night I got this  picture of Tristen in my email.  Who wouldn't be intimidated by such a fierce competitor on the lacrosse field?  

Patti says he's really happy because:   
A) his friend Charles is on his team and   
B) he doesn't have to skate! 
 
I think he'll probably really enjoy playing lacrosse because there's lots of running and he's a pretty energetic little boy. 





I talked to Brenda last night and it seems that everything has fallen into place and the guys are leaving on their bike trip this morning. I baked Bernie's cookies last night so I'll drop those off on my way to work this morning. I'm sure they'll get eaten on the road between here and Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment