Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday, April 10th - everything should be back to normal today


After our snowy Easter weekend, yesterday turned into not too bad of a day. It was a mild 7' and sunny for a large part of it - not what had been predicted. Today should be more of the same with a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 10'.

I talked to Lloyd last night around 7:15 and he was about 50 km from Brockville so he was making good time. He anticipated arriving home sometime around midnight. Hopefully that was the case. It would give him a chance to catch a few hours of much needed sleep before he heads back to work this morning.

Last night Brenda came over and she was on a roll! Her intention was to just sort through her stuff and get organized again. But she got inspired and was working like a house on fire. Every now and again the inspiration hits and you have to do it right now or it's gone. Good for her for getting so much done. I, on the other hand, sorted some pictures, and found paper for them but I still have to think about them for a bit. The right idea hasn't quite come to me me yet but now that the basics are there I can continue on next time. I need to visit the scrap book store and get some motivation.

So, as promised, here's the burger we had on Saturday at the Globe.

The Kaiser Von Burger at the Globe 

"THIS ISLAND BEEF MONARCH RULES WITH TRADITIONAL GERMAN FLAVOURS."
Two 100% Island Beef Patties, Caramelized Onions and Sauerkraut, Double Smoked Bacon, Romaine Lettuce, Tomato, Whole Grain Mustard, Emmental Cheese all on a Toasted Sesame Kaiser with a Gherkin on top.

While it was a tasty burger, it probably wasn't our first place choice. I liked the idea of the sauerkraut on the burger but it seemed a bit bland. I like sauerkraut with a bit more tang. It also made the burger difficult to eat as the layers tended to slide around. But still a good effort. I do love their fries though - thin and very crispy, just the way I like them.

Tonight I plan to catch up on some overdue stuff. I have some emails that desperately need replying to, a sick friend I need to call, and a couple of letters to write. If it's nice out when I get home I think I'll spend a bit of time outside picking up branches and then I'll tackle the 'list' when I get back indoors. So if you're on that list, I haven't forgotten you.

No comments:

Post a Comment