Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday, June 15th - Happy Birthday, Meghan (1)

It's a slightly overcast 11' this morning and we're only going to reach a high of 14' today. I'm a little disappointed we didn't receive the rain yesterday that we were meant to get as my little garden surely needs a drink by now. But I'm sure Mother Nature will watch out for my little plants. If not, I'll have to go over there with a big jug of water and my little watering can and see what I can do.



A big happy birthday to you this morning, Meghan (1) up in Toronto from all your family and friends out here on the island. It's looking like you're going to have a hot and sunny 26' today. Enjoy!



So I planned to bake a cake last night to take to work this morning but the baking gods were not with me. I went to the Superstore (the BIG one) yesterday at lunch to pick up a few things and they were totally out of icing sugar. Come on now, seriously? Who runs out of icing sugar?  Not to worry - I'd just stop at No Frills on my way home and pick some up. This is where it gets really weird - they were also totally out of icing sugar. Is there some big cake decorating contest going on in town that I don't know about? Are there 400 weddings this weekend on the island? Who knows. All I do know is it was a sign that I was NOT meant to bake a cake last night.  In the end it was a pretty quiet evening. I suppose I could have made the chocolate peanut butter balls that were due to Bernie last weekend, but to be honest, I never thought of it (the jar of peanut butter in the shopping bag should have served as a clue but unfortunately, it didn't) so that will be on my weekend to-do list for sure.

I haven't talked to Lloyd since he got home but I'm sure it will be a flurry of activity for him for the next seven days, as he'll have to leave a week from today to come back down here.

Tonight there's a small graduation banquet at the Rec Centre so that will be my evening. I'll have to head over there as soon as I get home and let the dog out. I won't be much help with the prep but at least Brenda and I can be there for the serving and cleaning up portion of the night.

One last thing, to all the dads out there!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sandy! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete