Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday, June 19th - Toronto, here I come

It's a pleasant 11' and headed for a sunny 22' but I'd better get braced for the heat and humidity in Toronto. I was looking at the weather forecast for later in the week and Wednesday and Thursday are supposed to reach 32' with the humidex reading of 40' - all it will do is make me appreciate the island even more.

So our friends Richard and Daralen were in the dealership on Saturday and I almost missed them. I saw them just heading out the door as I came back in from somewhere. I quickly caught up to them to chat only to discover that they've gotten a new car - a Toyota Solara CONVERTIBLE!  Brenda's only comment when she found out was "Sandy's going to be SO jealous!" and she was right. I've been wanting a convertible for as long as I can remember but I'm seriously beginning to think it's probably never going to happen. Maybe in my next life. But it is a really nice car, in immaculate condition and I just know they're going to get so much enjoyment out of it this summer.

I had dropped by their place to see the car after work on Saturday evening and to check on the weeds in my little garden. The new tenant next door will be planting a small patch in  front of mine, in exchange for watering the entire thing. Needless to say, when I got there I was mortified. These people really know what they're doing and compared to my little amateur patch, it's incredible. They spent all day Saturday just getting the ground ready and making the rows. I knew I wasn't a gardener, but now I really see just how sorely inadequate my talents in this area really are. I have so much to learn, and I'd be very foolish not to take advantage of being able to learn from others. I need to start taking some notes for next year!
But I do have radishes growing as well as some onions, peas, beets and some lettuce is also peeking through. It's a learning experience for sure.
This picture isn't their patch but the rows they built look just like these and they weren't done by machine as these were, but completely by hand. I'm truly impressed.

Okay, I'm off to finish the last of the packing of both my stuff, and the dogs. See you tomorrow from hot and humid Ontario!


1 comment:

  1. I am trying to locate Bernie and Brenda Van Gaal for a very small matter. Would it be possible to have them call me at 902.566.3400 x 240. Cathryn Dagenais, Campbell Lea.

    ReplyDelete