Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday, June 26th - Still so much to do

It's a pleasant, sunny 15' this morning but we're supposed to get rain this afternoon. Not to worry, my little garden needs it. It's looking a little pathetic right now. It was covered up for the past 24 hours with plastic sheets to protect it from the weed spray but when I took the plastic off, it's kind of flattened and not looking too healthy. But some bright sun this morning and a drink of water this afternoon should make it bounce right back.

Yesterday was Lloyd's first day on the job. He originally thought he wouldn't be working until next week but Tony called and suggested that he had work for him this week in spite of not being open yet. So they spent the day cleaning, and cleaning and more cleaning and they also made some sausages and I'm not sure what else. He was tired and his muscles were a little stiff at the end of the day but he was happy. It had gone very well.

We took one car yesterday and he dropped me off at work. Not sure that's going to work. I feel slightly stranded at work with no wheels at lunch. That's when I usually do my errands. We'll have to switch it up and I'll drop him off and keep the car with me. I don't think he really needs the car. He thought that he might only be working part of the day but it turned out to be the whole thing.

We didn't do anything special for our anniversary. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up a few things, then went by the dog kennel so I could pay Darlene. Because it was a nice day the decision was made to cut the grass as it was looking a little shaggy. So I cooked supper and Lloyd cut the lawn - or some of it anyway. It's a project that's to be continued but probably not today, if we get rain.

Tonight I'll tackle some more of the stuff that's hanging around and try to find space for it. None of that got done last night. After supper we went over and took the plastic off the garden then stopped in at Brenda's to pick up a loaf of bread (she baked yesterday). They were just heading over to visit her aunt, visiting from Halifax, so it was good timing on our part. And that was pretty much the evening.

With luck, and some effort, I'll get more inside work done tonight. It's feeling pretty cramped in here right now so I really want to get it out of the way. But that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment