Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday, June 21st - the first day of summer - seriously???

Bracing myself for another hot, sticky, humid day in southern Ontario. Let's hope summer here isn't any hotter than spring has been to date!

First of all, I totally forgot it was a week day yesterday morning so there was no post. It was also a foggy morning (at least in my head). I arrived in Toronto a little after 10:00 on Tuesday night, as our flight out of Montreal was delayed. Lloyd had been there waiting for quite some time so was right there to pick me up. By the time we got to Patti's it was quite late and everyone was waiting up for me, although Meghan had fallen asleep on the couch. Needless to say,with everybody waiting up it meant a really late night for all. Of course I was wide awake at 5:15 yesterday morning so it was a blurry time for me. Not until later in the morning did I remember I had totally missed the blog. OOOPS.

Once everyone was up, it was a quick breakfast and then off to school. Tristen's class was doing a puppet show for the rest of the school and there were a few last minute touches needed on the handmade puppets. The class was split into groups of 4 and they had to make up their own story, design and make puppet characters to tell the story and then they used the puppet stage to present their creations. Patti had been helping with the puppet building and I assisted ever so slightly with the last minute bits and pieces - some hair here and there, some props needed in the puppets hands, etc.

Finally it was show time and every one enjoyed a unique presentation. The younger kindergarten kids really enjoyed the efforts of the group.
From there Patti and I headed downtown. I stopped into the office to say hello to everyone and then off for some lunch. There's a little place in the mall that used to be in another part of town, that specializes in Thai and Vietnamese food that we decided to give a try. Patti had the Mango Chicken wrap with salad and I had the Pad Thai. It was pretty tastey. Patti was planning to go to be at the visitation for the afternoon so she dropped me off at the airport (Guelph) and went home to change and go to Acton. It was incredibly hot and humid and I was ever so glad to know that I didn't have to stay here for too long. Lloyd and Jan were working away in the hangar so I was dispatched to go and fetch some Iced Caps and something to eat. Once that was done I hung out for a bit then went off to pick up the kids at school. After going back to pick Lloyd up at the airport, we all headed to Pizza Hut for something to eat. It was a really pleasant meal. It's been a long time since we did that and it was so much easier now that the kids are older and they're not so noisy, and fidgety. We had a really great time together.

Then it was back to Patti's to get changed and ready to go to the visitation. Lloyd headed back to Kitchener to his sisters and the kids and I waited for Greg to pick us up and take us to meet up with Patti.  I saw lots of people I haven't seen in a long time and noted some missing. I had really hoped to connect with my friend Cathy but unfortunatley she left yesterday for Saskatoon for work. I did see her mom and two of her brothers.  When the visitation was over, we went to Patti's cousins and visited some more. Another late night by the time we got home. We're all going to be seriously sleep deprived by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment