Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday, June 29th - hurry up long weekend!

I know I had 4 days off last week but it was such a busy time that I'm ready for some more time off. The weather on Thursday was better than anticipated so let's hope that the weather man keeps his promise and gives us the sun and warm temperatures we're all so looking forward to.
"COWS" in Niagara on the lake

Patti and I are still investigating days camps for Tristen to attend when he comes to visit. He may be there only three days or it may be four, we're not sure just yet. Then again he may end up spending the month of July, depending on everyone elses schedule, and that would be okay too. ha ha

I'm hoping to have some lobster on the weekend but it's not looking good. I talked to a local fisherman Thursday afternoon and because of the high winds we had earlier in the week, the traps are all full of mud and there are very few lobsters. But that could change by Friday. I'm to call him again and see if things are any better today. I hope so because I promised Patti's friend Katie some lobster when she gets here. I'll have to call Mr. Seafood to check their supply as a back up.

Well, the house still looks like a bomb dropped into the middle of it but there is now a bit of order to the chaos. We spent Thursday night going through the boxes of electronic 'stuff' and Lloyd sorted that all out from the airplane 'stuff' and the other miscellaneous 'stuff'. Now all the 'stuff' is almost ready to be transported out to the bunky for temporary storage.  With any luck, we'll get  a lot of that done tonight. Some of it may well be done before I get home from work. Lloyd took the bike into work this morning at 5:00.  He's working on waxing the floors and wants to get several more coats on it before the day starts so it has time to dry. They should be receiving some orders of supplies today and he wants his floors done before they start arriving. The up side of that is he'll be able to leave around 1:30 or 2:00 to go home. So he'll have a bit of a chance to get some things done around the house.

The computer thing is going a bit better as well. I had a bit of a tutorial on the apple last night so it's going much better this morning. I just might be able to learn this system after all.

Well, time to get going, so have a great weekend everyone and have a Happy Canada Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment