Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday, June 8th - it was an exciting week for one group boys

It's a bright and sunny morning with 9' and we should reach a lovely 20' by this afternoon. Just perfect for heading into the weekend!

Last night was the closing ceremonies in Cooperstown (bet you'll be glad to be done reading about THIS trip!).
What a wonderful father and son memory

I caught a little of the last game that finished at 6:30 our time, and it was beautiful and sunny there. My reception kept stopping and starting so I headed over to the Van Gaals to watch the rest.(many thanks, again!). By the time they were ready to start at 7:00 it was raining. Fortunately it didn't last long and in a little while the sun came out again. It was quite a lengthy event with them calling up a coach from each team to introduce each and every player by name as they ran into the stadium.  Greg got the honours for our guys and he did a great job. Some of the coaches spoke quite softly and you could barely make out what they were saying and some were very used to speaking over a microphone and you could certainly tell.  Greg didn't goof around like some did, but he spoke clearly and confidently and did really well.

I didn't realize there were an many injuries as there were. I suppose with approximately 1300 kids there's bound to be some, but it was something I just never thought about. One boy was on crutches, one was in a wheel chair, and there was a shout out to another, when his team came out, because he was recovering in the hospital from his game that was played earlier in the afternoon. I'm told Greg was watching one of the other games and one boy took a ball to the mouth and it looked like he lost most of his teeth. Not a very happy experience for those kids. Fortunately ours are all coming home safe and sound, and that's way more important than winning, in my books anyway.

Patti and Tristen left early yesterday morning so they would be home in time for Meghan's dance recital. I don't have any photos from that as yet but I'm sure I'll have some before the weekend is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment