Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday, June 12th - looks like Lloyd brought the nice weather with him

It was cold and rainy all last week but this week is shaping up pretty nicely. Yesterday was warm and sunny and today is headed in the same direction. It's a sunny 9' right now (at 5:30 am) and we should reach 21' later.

Lloyd had his job interview yesterday and we're hoping for the best. We're hoping to hear something today or tomorrow as he leaves tomorrow afternoon to fly back to Toronto. It's really nice having someone else here to help with stuff. Last night was a great evening for grass cutting. We'd had a late lunch and we weren't hungry when we got home so I changed and got right to it. I did the riding stuff and Lloyd got out the push mower and did the tedious sides and around the trees. There's still one section left to do but he'll be able to finish that today. When we were done we put a small chicken on the BBQ and then opened a bottle of wine and dined al fresco (outside in the screened tent) complete with table cloth and candles! Gosh I've missed that. It was quite lovely and we sat out for quite some time after eating just chatting and starting to make some plans.

Bernie has ordered us some lobsters for today and I'm hoping we can do the same thing again tonight. If we're really lucky, Brenda will be feeling even better today and they can join us for some mussels and lobster tonight. I'll have Lloyd coordinate that today.

Well, it's finally official, I'm not going to be a TV star and you know what? I'm totally okay with that. I got the 'thanks but no thanks' email last night and here's how it went:


Hi Sandy,

We’ve sent in the auditions to W Network and they have selected their 5 contestants and unfortunately you were not selected at this time.  We would like to keep you on the roster as sometimes things change.  We may be back in PEI next year and would like to keep you in consideration.  It was a pleasure meeting you and I want to thank you for your time and hospitality! 

Many thanks & all the best,

I've been waiting and waiting and now I feel like I can get on with my life. It felt like this big 'thing' was hanging over my head and now it's gone. I know they will be filming in August sometime and I can't recall the dates. I was afraid if I did get picked that it was going to interfere with guests I have coming that month so it's all good. I consider myself very fortunate to have been chosen as one of the 15 to be interviewed. It was a fun experience and it will be great to watch the show when it airs and not fear I'll become the laughing stock of the island! Congratulations and best of luck to those of you who were chosen! Can't wait to see the show.




No comments:

Post a Comment