Thursday, May 13, 2010

Before and After




When I was in Guelph, before we left for holidays, Lloyd was lamenting somewhat about the things he needs to get done here on the island. One of those was installing the windows in the sunroom. I just had to tell him that I got it done. I don't think he believed me at first. He was genuinely pleased that the work was done and he didn't have to do it. I really wanted to surprise him when he came down next time but I just couldn't wait to tell him. So now he knows. I saw Will when I got back and he was a little disappointed that I told Lloyd. He thought I should have told him I did it myself. I'm sure the thought of that would have caused all kinds of concern for him until he saw it. Will did such a good job, he would have known immediately that I didn't do it, and besides Will really deserves the credit. I had some pictures I took of the inside on my computer but I didn't have any outside ones so I took a couple when I got home. Now I just need to paint the inside to freshen it up. Now that I have a futon in there, it will provide sleeping space for two more people.

Patti mentioned that John and Sarah want to come down as well, so it may be a pretty full house but it would be fun. I'm sure some of the kids could sleep on the floor if needed.

She called me last night and told me she checked my ad on kijiji and emailed someone who has two tickets for sale for $100 each. She was going to see if we can just buy one, but we may just buy the two and Patti will go with us. She'll fly out with Meghan on Friday and go back on Sunday, and leave Meghan here. Then they will all come on Tuesday, and Meghan can go to one of the summer camps at UPEI. They have several choices available and now she'll have to decide which one she wants to go to. That will be perfect as I can just drop her off on my way to work and pick her up when I'm done. They have a CSI camp that I know James would love to go to. We should check the dates and see if it's possible for him to attend.

This morning I was a little late leaving for work and as I passed the VanGaal's my attention was drawn to the flashing lights on a large yellow bus in the lane. I assume Brenda was doing her circle check before heading out on her route this morning.

This week Shoppers Drug Mart has a sale on photo printing, so it's perfect timing for me. I put 150 pictures out of the who knows how many I took, onto a memory stick and I'm dropping them off this afternoon, as it's the last day of the sale. It will only cost me $15.00 for all 150 photos and I sure couldn't print them at home that cheaply. I've been a little lax in getting back into my scrapbooking so this is the boost I needed to get me jump started again. The last book I worked on was our last trip, which was also Arizona, but that was over two years ago.

It's still very cool in the mornings but now that I've got my summer clothes out, I'm not going back, so while I may be a little chilly in the mornings, I look like the eternal optimist going to work in sandals and bare legs everyday. But the nice weather's coming, I know it is!

1 comment:

  1. Will did a great job! Thanks for posting some pictures of it, I was wondering how it looked. Hope you have a great day and Happy Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete