Friday, May 14, 2010

Time to do some spring yard work


Yesterday I was looking for the other pictures of my window renovation, but I couldn't find them. I really need to go into my photos and organize them better. They show up in the oddest places. This is a picture of Will, struggling through the window job. You never know what you're going to find when you get into these old houses, and it was certainly a challenge for Will, but he did a great job - with my help of course! (NOT)
He now knows he's much rather work on building a new house than renovating an old one. But it's good experience for him and a bonus for me - it will be so nice to be able to open those windows in the summer.

Back on the Easter weekend, we had such beautiful weather, and everyone was inspired to get outside and work in their yards. That seems to have come to a grinding halt, at least at my house. I did spend part of one evening raking and gathering the branches off the trees, finally, but there is still much to do. I hope the weather isn't too cool. I have a huge pile of branches in my front yard that need to be moved, so this is going to be my weekend to do that. I also need to cut my grass, and the list goes on.
I've had a bothersome knee for a large part of the last week, but today it seems to be much better, so I can't use that as an excuse. I want to put a flower bed along the side of the house and now that the window is done, I can go ahead and do that. I want to put some in the front as well, but I have high hopes that one day there will be a front porch added that will go all across the front of the house.
Last night was my main TV night (after a delicious supper at the VanGaals) - CSI, Gray's Anatomy and the season finale of Private Practice. I had to stay up till midnight but I managed to stay awake, but getting up this morning was a challenge. But the sun is shining and should stay that way for the day, not like yesterday, where it looked so promising early in the morning and then quickly deteriorated.

The new Sex and the City movie opens on May 27th. Yesterday morning I sent out an email to all the girls at work to see if anyone was interested in going for dinner then the movie. I got negative response from everyone except Kim, who it seems is a huge fan, along with 5 of her girlfriends. In fact when the last one came out, they all chipped in and rented a limo to take them to the opening. How much fun would that be! Only a true fan of the show would understand that. So Kim invited me to join them to go and see it, so I was very happy. Then last night it suddenly dawned on me that I'm going to Regina that day. I'm so disappointed to miss a night out with a bunch of girls. It would have been so much fun! But I will have one free night in Regina, when there are special events planned that I'm not attending. The conference usually has some entertaining event to attend on the Friday night but it's a little over $100 this year and I decided I really wasn't that interested in going. But there are usually a group of us who don't go, so maybe I can get a group together that night.

I'm sitting at Timothy's this morning having my coffee and a girl just came in to get her coffee, and as she was leaving I realized it was Kathy O'Rourke of curling fame. But today it's just another work day for her. That's what I love about this place - it doesn't matter who you might be, you can just come and go no matter what you might have accomplished. I know that when Paul McCartney was here a few years ago, he and his then wife, Heather, went shopping at the Roots store downtown. He would never have been able to do that in Toronto.

Did I mention that I love it here?

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, you are a fan of SATC too??? Very cool! I love watching the show, it re-runs on Sunday evenings for 3 hours each week so I love to watch it when I'm getting ready for the week etc., and really any other time I have some time in front of the TV. I am very excited about the 2nd movie coming out this month (I'm re-watching the first one this weekend to be ready for the 2nd one), and my girlfriends and I were planning a night out to go to the movie as well...AND THEN, one of my good friends from work that I met when I moved here won tickets on the radio for an advance screening and asked me to go with her, so we get to see it on the Wednesday night (26th)...how fun is that?? I can't wait to see it!

    We really need to live closer to each other, watch out Mom, I'm moving in!
    -Meghan (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE Meghan get a grip on yourself.

    ReplyDelete