Monday, May 31, 2010

Back to the chilly maritimes.


What a busy few days! I've never been a delegate before and that means you are required to attend ALL meetings. At other conferences we could skip out on some of the more boring ones but that wasn't an option this time. Meetings started at 8:00 and didn't finish till 4:00 with just a little time left to get ready for the evenings events.
As planned, I helped (?) the Grand River Chapter with their bid for the 2012 conference. It was a lot of fun and we got lots of positive comments from the attendees at the meeting, in spite of our lack of talent and practice.
Saturday nights banquet was nice with a really funny entertainer at the end. By the time it was over, I was done in. So back to the hotel room to finish packing and get ready to catch the bus for the airport at 5:00 in the morning.
Fortunately I got onto the flight and arrived in Toronto at 11:30 and Lloyd picked me up. It was really warm and the sun felt SO good. We got back to Guelph and Lloyd suggested having a picnic with the Dennison family. The kids had swimming lessons in the afternoon so we planned to get together after that. Later Lloyd and I went to Zehrs and I was standing beside the van in the parking lot and a little voice came up behind me and said "Hi Grandma". I turned around and there was Meghan. So I sent Lloyd home with the groceries and went shopping with Patti and the kids. When we were done we ended up at Lloyd's where we decided to have the picnic outside in the back yard. I took the kids to the park down the street for a little while, and when we got back it was time to eat. Lloyd had made potato salad and macaroni salad to go with our BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs. By the time we finished eating, it was time for us to go to Jana's. I had called her on the way back from the airport and we planned to get together after supper but ended up eating again at her house. I was SO stuffed when I got home, but it was great to have a bit of time to get together.

Lloyd dropped me off at the airport Monday morning and I caught a flight to Halifax, then the little plane to Charlottetown. There was a grand total of 7 people on the plane over to the island. I took a cab to the University and back to work. It was an uneventful workday and I was glad to get home at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment