Friday, May 7, 2010

Shopping and Airplanes

Thursday:
Once again, the sun is shining and it’s going to be 94 degrees but it must be because it’s such a dry heat, it really doesn’t feel that hot. If we were home we’d be dying! But then again we are on vacation, so we are not working in it.
There’s a Flight and Space Museum here with all kinds of displays around airplanes and the history of aviation. Lloyd was very keen to go and see it, and gee, I would have loved to go along, but I just felt my time might be better spent. So after breakfast, and a stop at the clubhouse to post yesterdays blog, we drove out there, then I left with the car. It was approximately 10:30 when I dropped him off and I was to come back and pick him up at 5:00 when they closed. I don’t think I could have walked around looking at airplanes for that long.
So this was to be my shopping day. I got the map and found all the places I love to shop at when I’m in the states. Before I left, I got out my summer clothes and realized I really didn’t have much to wear to work this summer. The past two summers I’ve worked in kitchens and didn’t need any clothes for that other than chef whites. So I went to Ross, our favorite store when Patti and I travel together. It’s sort of like a Winners type of store but the clothing prices are much better (you know how I love a bargain!) and I always find things I like. I also always find things that are a little different than what you find at home. So for the princely sum of $101.46 Canadian, I found a new bra, a pair of dress pants, 2 skirts and 5 blouses. I was a happy camper!

From there I went on to the Tucson Mall which is your basic upscale mall, and I wandered around there for a while but the only thing I bought was lunch.
I found Target but I usually don’t find much there either although Patti likes them for kids clothes.
And........I also found a Michael’s Craft Store. This was dangerous as they have the Cricket Cake machine. It’s now available at Michaels in Canada for $499.00 and it’s $399.00 here but because it’s Mother’s Day this weekend, it’s on sale for $297.00 until Saturday. I was VERY tempted. But I didn’t know how much, dollar wise, I’m allowed to bring back. Then Lloyd told me after I picked him up, that he thinks it’s something like $500 or $600 if you’ve been away for a week. I just might have to go back. Not that I really need it, but …………….
I went a bit early to pick Lloyd up, around 4:30 and he was in the gift shop and was finished looking around. Needless to day he had a great day – and so did I.
On our way back, we found a little place to stop and have supper, then back to the resort. It was actually quite early, we got back around 6:00 so it was a relaxing time. We sat and read our books for a while, till time for my favorite Thursday night shows come on – Gray’s Anatomy and Private Practice. But since we are out here, they come on much earlier. They started at 8:00 and were finished by 10:00. At home it’s midnight when they’re over.
There’s a go cart track just outside of town, so I think we may do that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great trip Sandy! What a deal with your shopping...and for the Cricket Cake machine, that sounds like a great price and Mother's day gift to yourself...hmmmm....

    Hope the rest of your trip goes well,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meghan about the cricut machine Like How can you miss out on a deal like that. When are you coming back I haven't had wine or a walk since you left. Bad me

    ReplyDelete