Thursday, May 27, 2010

Don't mess with Patti - she'll take you down!



And the Taylor Swift saga continues.

I talked to Patti yesterday afternoon, and as she still hasn't received the tickets she paid $200 for, she did a little investigating on line. She ultimately found herself on a chat board where she discovered that she's not the first person who has been ripped off by these same people. So on one hand it's good that we have at least 2 tickets for the show, on the other , it's a little frustrating to get so taken. I know it's buyer beware when you use a site such as Kijiji but sometimes you just feel you have to trust people.

The up side is they sent Patti their banking information so she could do a transfer of the money from her bank to theirs. So she called the police in Nova Scotia as the bank is in Dartmouth. They advised they can't do anything but that she must contact the police in Guelph, then they do the follow up with Nova Scotia. So she has filed a complaint with the Guelph force, providing them with all the emails and the banking information. Hopefully they can do something about these people. It likely won't help Patti get her money back but at least it might prevent someone else from being take advantage of. I feel badly that this happened but I guess it happens sometimes.

Well I'm all packed up and read to go west. Sure hope it's warmer than it is here! I hear the weekend is supposed to be better but for this morning, it's very cold! I even turned on the gas fireplace last night. My hats are all done and the next photos you see of them will be actually on real heads! I've packed them up inside of the set of luggage I'm taking to Regina as an item for the silent auction, then I've wrapped the whole thing in plastic wrap. I hope they don't need to unwrap it at the airport. I didn't have a box big enough for them to fit in but I didn't want them to get damaged. So we'll hope for the best. Once I get there it's no longer my problem. Someone else can worry about getting them home. One of the upsides of traveling stand by is that I don't have to pay for the second checked bag.

Well, I need to run and get Cooper's bag packed, and then my next stop is Regina! (Well not actually, my next stop is Montreal, then Toronto, THEN Regina)
Have a great day everyone - next post will be from the prairies!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Have a fun trip. Hope the hats go over well. I was reading the Eastern Graphic today and there is a big article for your friend; Chef Michael's big Barbecue . Anyone who wants to volunteer is to contact Rika. You met her last year at the feast. Something for you to think about while away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a day behind and didn't see the pics of the hats. WOW they look great. Should be a hit. See you when you get back home.

    ReplyDelete