Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome to rainy Regina

The theme of this years conference is 'Stars Shine Brighter Under Prairie Skies' but there were no stars last night - except of course at the Oscar themed party. Let's just say a good time was had by all. I picked up a dress at Froggies in Charlottetown just before I left for the airport and it was perfect. Of course I had my Ms. Vista glasses on so it was a hit with my old chapter.

It was really great to meet up with everyone and the first 10 minutes was spent hugging everyone.

My trip was very uneventful. I got on in Charlottetown with no problems to Montreal, and I already had been assigned a seat on the flight from Toronto to Regina. But Montreal to Toronto was a little tricky. I didn't get on the first flight so they transfered me to the next flight out. Fortunately that one was wide open. But when I landed I had 10 minutes before boarding time and it was at the following end of the terminal, so it was a mad dash to catch it but that's better than having to hang around for hours.
I arrived at the Regina airport at 5:15 and by the time I got my luggage and a cab, it was about 5:45 when I got to the hotel and the opening ceremonies were at 6:30 but I made it with just enough time to wash my face, put on some new makeup, comb my hair and head out.
The opening ceremonies ended around 8:30 then we had half an hour to get ready for the party at 9:00. The four of us met in our room and we had a drink before we headed out. Paulette and Mary don't drink very often and everyone was giggling and laughing and just plain silly before we headed down to the party. It was a lot of fun and we left there around 11:00 (which was 2:00 am on my watch, PEI time)
I must admit I slept quite soundly. I really didn't want to get up this morning. But I got up first, showered and dressed and headed out to breakfast so Donna could get ready. While in the lobby, I met a girl from Calgary who has never been east before and she and her family are coming to PEI for a week at the end of June. So we plan to get together while they are there. While we were chatting, we met another very interesting woman, who came to our conference from Uganda. She was supposed to be travelling with a couple of other women but they were not given Visa's at the last minute so Florence came by herself. We spent a lot of time chatting and I now have been invited to visit Uganda. What an experience that would be - knowing someone local who could show you around.

Well , I need to keep this short and sweet, we start meetings very shortly.

I just read the comments and from yesterday, and YES, YES, YES I so want to volunteer this year - I assume it's the village feast. Please keep the information for me so I can call when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. You have good friends if they let themselves be seen in public with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember, you too are one of those friends!

    ReplyDelete