Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's Wednesday already!

It's amazing how much yesterday felt like a Monday for me and now it's Wednesday already! It's good to be back but my gosh, it's busy. I have a big backlog of stuff that needs to be input into the data base. Fortunately Rosie was away yesterday so it gave me a bit of time to catch up, although I'm not nearly there.
When I got to work yesterday there was a mountain of boxes in my office, literally.

Before I left I ordered two new desktop computers, 1 laptop, and three monitors. Somehow, it got screwed up and I have 3 desktop computers, 8 monitors and no laptop. So until they get it sorted out, they are all still just a pile of huge boxes, piled up in front of my desk. I guess the upside is no one knows I'm there unless they come right in and go around the pile, so it's like I'm in a little fort. The kids would love it!
Speaking of kids, apparently the Taylor Swift show is sold out! Patti told me that when I got to Toronto last week. She tried to get tickets online and they are all gone. Actually they aren't - you can still buy a weekend pass but no individual tickets are left for her show. What to do! So I called the Confed Centre and I can buy a weekend pass for Meghan for about $10.00 more than the one day pass. So I went ahead and got that one for her. Now I just have to find one more ticket. I put an ad on Kijiji looking for one ticket and I got a response this morning - but she wants $175.00 for one ticket. Come on guys, this isn't Paul McCartney you know! Anyway I'll see what comes up over the next little while. I'm sure I'll find something or maybe I can find someone she can go with.
It does have to me Grandma who takes her to her first concert, and she so much wants to go. Worse case scenario I buy a weekend pass and we just go for the weekend. Speaking of music, (and Paul McCartney) I know he owns a ranch in the Phoenix/Tucson area and he and Linda used to spend a lot of time there. Well, on the way to Tucson, there's a road very clearly marked called McCartney Road. What are the chances, in a place where everything has a Mexican or southwest type of name, that something would be called McCartney? One of those things that certainly makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Last night we had our monthly IAAP meeting to pat ourselves on the back for a great Administrative Assistants day event. Already there are suggestions of how we can improve next year. We didn't make as much money as we had originally hoped but we made enough to help out those of us who are going to Regina. Donna and I are sharing a room and the chapter has given us enough to pay for it. So that is a big help to both of us.

This weekend is shaping up to be a busy one. We have our Friday payday drinks after work and last night Brenda called to tell me we are invited to join Marlene and Raymond for dinner at the Culinary Institute. I've not been upstairs before and neither has Brenda so we're quite looking forward to it. There's also a lobster supper at the rec centre on Friday night as well, so we had to choose which one to attend. Life can certainly be complicated here on the island! I'm quite pleased to have been invited to join the two couples for supper. I know a girl who works with me who is single, and she would never accept such an invitation as she feels she would be the "fifth wheel" and would never consider going. But I don't feel that way at all. I'm lucky to have made such good friends and I figure if they didn't want my company they wouldn't have invited me so I'm just very grateful that they did. When Lloyd comes up next time we'll just have to invite Marlene and Raymond over for dinner along with the Van Gaals. I know, any excuse for a party.

I'm still pondering Richard's suggestion of doing something with the store but the problem I have is that I need to do some investigating into what's out there for assistance but I'm just too busy at work to take the time to do it. The practical side of me says don't even consider it - too much work, too much insecurity, etc, etc but then the creative side of me says why not give it a try? It may never have this opportunity again to be my own boss, to have the chance to do something all on my own and see if it will work. I'm just not sure I have enough confidence to pull it off. Richard seems to think I'd be the ideal person to do this but then he has his own bottom line to take care of. I should really call Dave and go over and have a good chat with him about it sometime soon. He can probably shed some insight on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment