Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Long Weekend Friday!




A big congratulations to Ethan Van Gaal. Last night was his graduation from Holland College!


It's cool this morning but I had bright blue sunny skies all the way to town and as I got closer I could see a thick blanket of gray clouds hanging over the city. When I got to Timothy's, Michelle commented that it was going to get nicer. I told her it's on it's way - it's just over the bridge.

I popped over to the Anderson's last night to measure the microwave in the bunky for her trailer. Turns out the cupboard she planned to put it into was almost custom made for the microwave. It fit absolutely perfectly. She was very happy. I also picked up most of the stuff that was in the bunky and took it home to clean it up. There doesn't seem much point in keeping any of this stuff. I will keep some things but most of it can go in the sale. I'm going to have a very full table! But then a lot of my stuff is larger items, so it looks like more than it actually is. I do hope I sell some of it.
Daralen called me before I got there and invited me to join them for supper. She started out by saying "It won't be as fancy as what you make". I assured her that anytime anyone wants to cook for me, I'm there! It's always nice to have someone else cook for you but even nicer to have someone to have conversation with while you share your meal.

Richard has decided he's going to use the store for building his chairs. That's a great idea. I think he had planned to do that somewhere in the future but now that he has it, he's going to give it a shot. I think he should do well, he does beautiful work. I understand his plan is to just be there on the weekends, maybe sometimes in the evening, so I suspect a few folks will be dropping in for coffee and a chat. It won't be the same as before but it will be something. They're moving the camper today up to Campbell Cove and plan to spend the weekend . It's supposed to be a great one, weather wise.

Yesterday I had a chat with my boss, Tracey. There's a job posting over in Student Services with a one year contract. It's only a level 3 and my current job is a level 5, but at some point the person I'm replacing will come back. I'm afraid if I don't find something now while they're staffing for next year, by the fall there won't be anything available. I found out also that there are not a lot of level 5 jobs, most are 3 or 4 so I really lucked out getting this one which makes it all that much harder to leave it. I'm really in a bit of a quandary. Should I stay or should I try for something else? She is totally supportive of what ever I choose to do. She says I have to do what is best for me, not the department, and that she will give me a great reference. She said she's already mentioned to some people that I'm someone that should be kept around.


The Taylor Swift saga continues. I talked to Patti yesterday. She transferred the money for the tickets ($200) to the other person's bank account, and now they aren't returning her emails. She has emailed several times to get details of how they were being sent, when, etc but she has gotten no reply after the money was received. I'm hoping that they are in the mail and will arrive any day but now she's not so sure. Our dilemma is how long do we wait for these, before we buy one more. We decided that we will buy one more adult ticket now that more are available. Worse case scenario we wind up with 4 tickets instead of 3. We'll just have to find someone else to use that ticket for us. I'm hopeful that's how it turns out and I'm pretty sure it will. I do tend to believe most people are honest and this time will be one of those times. They could arrive today but Patti left last night for London, England. I'm a little jealous as I love London. I want to go over for a week and visit with Petra at some point but I don't see it being this summer. Patti always asks me if I need anything brought back from England. She's going to pick me up some more Maldon Sea Salt, I'm getting low. It's my favorite salt and comes from the coast of England. You can sometimes get it here but it's very expensive so I always get her to pick me some up when she goes there. Most people ask for more interesting things to be brought back from other peoples travels - not me.

As I sit here this morning, I'm reminded of one of the less pleasant aspects of the warm weather - BUGS! I was outside on Wednesday night getting stuff out of the shed to put in the truck for the sale and there were swarms of black flies. I have at least 5 or 6 good bites on my arms and a couple on my ankles and are they itchy this morning. I'm trying my best not to scratch them but it's hard not to. I might be needing my bug jacket to cut the grass. Mosquitoes can't be far behind.

Have a very happy long weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment