Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally some great weather!



Another beautiful day is coming our way today. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, and boy did we enjoy it. When I got home I walked the dog, then went over to Mount Stewart to fill my gas can so I can cut the grass, and put some gas in the truck as well as it was pretty empty. The last time I took it out I was skeptical about my ability to get home without running out, but I made it. I had about a litre of gas in the gas can and that was enough to get me to Mount Stewart. Tonight I really need to cut some grass, at least around the house. The front yard and the side yard are not so bad but it's getting quite long around the house. I'd hate for the neighbours to have something else to complain about!!

This Saturday there's a yard sale at the Rec Centre. All I have to do is show up on Saturday morning and pay $10.00 and that will give me a table, so last night after I got home I loaded up the truck with 'stuff'. When I was clearing out the sun porch I found some stuff I really don't need and I've also got a spare microwave, convection oven, water cooler, all things that work great but I have no need of. Then I was thinking about the stuff in the bunkey. There's kitchen stuff there such as an electric kettle, a toaster, etc, that we won't be needing either so I think I should stop by there one night this week as well and see what else I can add to the pile. I may as well while I have the opportunity.

Yesterday I talked to Lloyd about our 'problem' with the dog, and I think we are going to look at invisible fencing. That way he won't have to be tied and Scoobie can still come over and play. We'll have to price it out and see what it's going to cost. I remember it was several hundred dollars when we bought it last time, but that's cheaper than fencing the whole place.

Brenda is going to Korea. I talked to her last night and she's gotten information on ticket prices and has until Friday to make up her mind. I have to admit I'm a little envious. I think anytime one has the chance to travel to some far off place, they should take it. It will be a great opportunity for her to see the place Caitlyn is working in and being able to share that will be wonderful. For the rest of their lives they will have that experience to share. It's one thing to look at the pictures of a place but it's not the same as actually visiting. I know that Jana reads my blog from time to time and now that she's been here, and has met my friends, it's real. When I write about a place or a person, she knows what I'm talking about as she's been here and seen it for herself.

Short post this morning. I had to drop my car off at Toyota for my first service so didn't get to Timothy's. Instead I'm writing this from my desk, and now I must prepare for a meeting, so I'm off to make sure everything is working in the boardroom and all ready to go!

3 comments:

  1. Might there be any kitchen aid mixer attachments for sale in the yard sale?

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reply to the earlier comment, I think not. However should any turn up on other tables, I will keep you in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fantastic! Thanks Sandy!

    ReplyDelete