Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's good to be home.


This morning, Tuesday, things are pretty much back to normal. We had an uneventful trip back from Phoenix. We were fortunate to be put into first class so it made for a much more comfortable ride back. Then the greeting we got at the airport was amazing. Patti and the three kids were there to pick us up and what a greeting it was! As soon as they saw us all three came running up to give us hugs, Meghan had flowers, it was really a nice way to come back. Then in the van, of course, everyone was anxious to tell us everything so it was none stop chatter all the way to Guelph. We stopped at Patti's and had cake and ice cream before we left. It was a wonderful way to end the day, the trip and to spend part of Mother's Day.
James is quite excited to have his own email address. It will be fun to keep in touch with him on a personal basis, although his messages are pretty short as he uses the hunt and peck system of typing. He was especially excited about the sucker with the scorpion in it. He couldn't wait to show it to his friend Ben.
Lloyd drove me to the airport early Monday morning and I was able to catch the early direct flight to Charlottetown so I didn't have any time to wait at all. Brenda picked me up at the airport and we stopped at Sobey's on the way to her house, to have lunch - lobster sandwiches. What a treat! It was cool here but everything is SO green - a very sharp contrast to the never ending browns and beiges of Arizona. Needless to say it was no where near the temperatures either. But it was nice to light the fire in the kitchen and enjoy that enveloping warmth. Even the dog was happy to lie beside it. I'm sure he missed that. When Brenda dropped me off, Scoobie, the dog next door, came over and just looked at me with this very sad face - "Where's my buddy?" When I picked Cooper up he could barely contain himself, he was so anxious to get out of the car. He spent the entire afternoon outside with Scoobie. The fact that the field next door is being worked in helped I'm sure. There were lots of machines out there and a few guys working so they were in their glory checking out the neighbourhood!
I went over to Brenda's to drop off their Harley shirts, which they both really liked. Brenda loved the colour of hers, so cheers to Lloyd, he's the one who chose the colours.
An interesting phone call came in while I was away. Richard called to say he had news he wanted to share. So after supper I called him back to see what was up. It seems that he bought Dave's store. He has no interest in running it but is looking to rent it to someone who might be interested in doing that. So I met him there to have a look. The rent he is asking is ridiculously cheap, so I have all these thoughts going through my head about what could be done with it. I think I'll make some calls and see what's out there for funding to start up a small business. It would not be the same as Dave's store but I have a ton of ideas of what it could be. In reality I should just sit down until this feeling passes, that would be the smart thing to do. But, maybe it's worth investigating?
A note for Meghan (1) - I'm sorry to report that I didn't buy the Cricket cake machine. I was very tempted but I just thought I really can't do that right now. But then Lloyd suggested that it could be a birthday or Christmas present at some point, so let's just leave it at that!
I'm excited for Brenda - she has plans to go to Korea in July - how much fun will that be! I'm a little envious. We're going to get together one night soon to look at options for how to get her there.

I'm hoping the weather will be a little nicer this weekend so I can get a handle on some of the work outside. The grass is in need of cutting and I want to try to cut the grass out back where the small trees are, and keep it trimmed to cut down on mosquitoes. It can't hurt. But I have to get at it now before it gets too long. It's already growing quite a bit so this will be the weekend where I conquer it, if I can. Because of the trees, I'll have to use a push mower, the riding one is too wide to go through a lot of it. but we'll see what can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment