Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A pretty laid back day


Monday was our first full day here and it was pretty quiet. After publishing yesterday's post Lloyd picked me up at the clubhouse and we headed into town. There is a very small part of Tucson that is the historic old original town. There is an interesting way to find your way around. There's a solid blue line painted on the sidewalk all around the perimeter. If you start at the visitors centre and follow it all around you cover the entire area. There's a map you can pick up that highlights the historic sites and some part of it are rich in history. The sun was shining and the weather was clear and very warm. We followed it all around until almost lunch then found a little Mexican cafe to have lunch. We sat on the outside patio and enjoyed a combo platter each, with a taco, an enchilada, a burrito and re-fried beans, washed down with cold Mexican beer. It wasn't especially hot and spicy but it was absolutely delicious! Good thing we still had a ways to walk back.

On the way back we stopped at a Payless shoes (a must for me when I travel in the US) then back to the resort for an afternoon nap. I slept for about half an hour but Lloyd slept for 3! It was a very quiet, restful afternoon. I think Lloyd is still recovering from jet lag from his trip to Africa and now he's gone 3 hours in the other direction so no wonder he's a little messed up!

Today we are going to the Natural history park that's part zoo, part botanical garden that displays all the wildlife and features all the plants. It should be interesting to learn about all these cactuses. They really are truly an amazing sight.

Tonight I will try to remember to do my posting in the evening - I totally forgot last night. We were going to go out for supper when Lloyd woke up but we ended up eating supper in our unit. It's so easy to do with all the facilities right there.

No Brenda, you can't keep them! You have to give them back - no matter how cute they are!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great holiday. I just wanted to let you know I checked your house last night and all is well. I also picked some Mayflowrs so my house is smelling nice. Hopefully we will still be able to find them when you get home. Hello Lloyd. We hope your eating habits have improved.

    ReplyDelete