Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's almost the long weekend!



It's drizzly and overcast this morning, and a wee bit cooler, but that's not going to take away from the anticipation of a sunny long weekend. I have lots I need to do. I keep saying that, but it just doesn't seem to get done. The last couple of nights I was really tired when I was driving home, no idea why. Last night I laid down on the couch when I got home and set the timer on the stove so I wouldn't fall asleep for too long. I just needed a little power nap. I did hear the timer but kept on dozing, even though it beeps every 2 or 3 minutes after it's gone off. Fortunatly Darelen called me and forced me to get up. It seems she's looking for a small microwave oven for her camper and Richard read in my blog that I was selling one in the garage sale. I told her that the one I have at home is too big but we can check the one in the bunky. I think it will also be too big but it's worth checking out. So I'm going to swing by there tonight. I may as well pick up the stuff from the bunky while I'm there. So apparently this little blog serves another purpose!

Yesterday I took my car into Toyota for my first service. I had taken it in back in February for the recall, and after that the radio has been very staticey (is that even a word??) whenever I turn on the radio. People who know me well know that this is a huge deal for me. I have to have the music playing in my car. I had no idea what they could possibly have to do with each other or the recall repair. So I mentioned it to the girl at the service counter and they said they would check it out. Last night when I got there to pick it up they said they've ordered me a new back window. He said that the wires in the window for the defroster are interfering with the antenna. I asked how this could happen and is it common? He said he's only ever seen it once before. So I'll have to take it back in to get the window replaced. I didn't think it was that big a deal but he says they need to do it. I suspect they are bending over backwards with service these days to keep their customers happy.

I've been trying to get hold of Patti but she must be working. I need to confirm if she got the tickets for Taylor Swift, because if she didn't, they are now for sale again on the Cavendish Beach website. I only found that out yesterday when someone emailed me as a result of the kijiji ad to tell me they were on sale again. Hopefully I'll hear from her today. I've just gone in and looked at the website and there's a band playing on Sunday that I like. I don't know anything about them and I don't know their music except for one song I've heard a lot on the radio recently called "I need you now". I'd heard it several times and really liked it and finally I checked out who they were - Lady Antebellum. I had no idea they were playing here. Maybe I need to get a longer pass after all. I'll check out the prices and see what's up. Meghan and I may end up camping out for the weekend.

I've been reading this book I picked up at the airport written by Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City. It's called One Fifth. It's about a fancy apartment building in Manhatten and the lives of the residents who live there. Two of the characters in it write blogs, commercially. Obviously they have more interesting things to say than I do. Because of what they do, they are the object of a lot of derogatory comments. Then last night I was watching Criminal Minds and the victims where targeted through their face book accounts. That was a little scary, but while the FBI agents were in the airplane, on the way to the crime scene, one of the older agents, was wondering why on earth anyone would want to read the boring day to day details of another persons life. I agree with that, but the bottom line is, you don't have to read it. I find that too often people object to things that are a choice - be it a movie, TV show, book, whatever. It's something you have to make a conscious decision to view. So if you don't like it, don't read/watch whatever it is. I can never understand people who speak out about something like a movie, that they feel is terrible. Then don't watch it! And let those who do want to, go ahead.
Gosh, listen to me - it's time to get down off my soapbox and get off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment