Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eeerily quiet at the Denny house


Conditions at 5:15 am: -12' and clear
Expected later: 1' and sun

It's going to be a lovely day today. Last night the ladies picked me up at work and we got them on their way. I hope they had an uneventful trip back to Ontario. When I got home the house was surely cleaner and neater than it was when they arrived. Everything was put away, the beds had all been stripped and washed and re-made again. I have to admit I was totally spoiled while they were here. They baked tarts, biscuits, made dinner for me and just generally treated me extremely well. I hope they had as good a time being here as I did having them visit. Hopefully they will come again, either together or seperately, and with or without their spouses. They are all more than welcome to come back at any time. (Air freshener took away the smoke from the back porch, so it's ALL good!)
And on that note, I talked to Brenda last night, and Bernie and the rest of the guys got away yesterday with the bikes on their way to Florida.  Brenda is leaving on Friday.I haven't looked at the weather forecast but hopefully it will be lovely and sunny and they can enjoy having the bikes there to tour around on. After the winter we've been having, a little sun and warmth will be most welcome.
My wrist is doing very well and hopefully we'll be able to get out when Brenda gets back and do a bit more skiing before spring gets here. Now that we're into March, it's hard to say what kind of weather we're yet to receive. But I remember last year we had lots of snow when Patti and the kids were here on March Break.
James has a provincial speedskating meet this weekend in London, Ontario and the media students from the local community college are going to set up a live feed to the internet so I'll be able to watch it on my computer at work on Saturday and at home the rest of the weekend. Patti will send me a message from her blackberry before each race so I know when to watch.  What a great thing! James is excited that a whole group of people at Honda in Charlottetown will be watching and cheering for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment