Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Friday



Conditions at 5:15 am: overcast and 1'
Expected later: 5' and light rain

Yesterday gave us a little taste of what's to come. The sun was so warm in the afternoon that I had to leave my jacket at work when I went out to drive, it was just too warm in the car. It was SO nice to be able to just get up and go out without bundling up first!

I don't know if it's the time change, or what, but this week has dragged by and I've been so tired every night. When I get home from work I don't feel like doing anything. Hopefully a new week will make a difference.
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home last night and picked up a few things so got home a little late. When I got here I took the dog out for his walk and by the time  I returned, Brenda had called. So she came over for a little bit and we planned our strategy for tonight. It seems she needs a ride home from town this afternoon so we're stopping by the Old Dublin to celebrate St. Paddy's Day a day late. A drink and a bite to eat will fit the bill quite nicely before we head out to the country. I love it when a plan comes together.

I talked to Lloyd last night (twice, actually) and he is now coming on the Friday instead of the Thursday night. He checked flights last night and that's a better option. It will work well,  as he and Tristen will arrive at 1:15 on Friday afternoon so I can go and pick them up and they can have my car for the afternoon, then they will be leaving on Easter Sunday afternoon. Just in time for the Easter Bunny to get here. That part will be fun. Tristen has been wanting to come out for a visit by himself for quite a while so I hope he doesn't get too bored, hanging out with papa all week. But I doubt it and if the weather cooperates, he will likely spend lots of time outside. There won't be any mosquitoes so he'll have lots of opportunity to play in his treehouse.

It's been one week since we first saw those devastating images from Japan on TV.  It seemed totally incomprehensible to watch. We're used to seeing things like that take place in movies and on TV but you know they're staged or computer generated. It was horrifying to watch the progression of the water as it took out everything in it's path, and knowing it was real. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for those poor people. Once again, we are brutally reminded just how very fortunate we are. We were whining the other morning about the price of gas going up 5 cents a litre. We really have NOTHING to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment