Thursday, March 10, 2011

Has it been a week already?



Conditions at 5:00 am: -7' and overcast
Expected later: -1' and a mix of sun and cloud

I can't believe it's Thursday already and Brenda will be back tomorrow.  It's gone by incredibly quickly. I'll bet it was even faster for them.  I haven't seen any comments since earlier in the week but I see that someone from Florida visited yesterday. I'll bet they're just having a wonderful time touring around in the sun! I had to go and pick up some parts at DBL dream machines yesterday. They also sell Honda motorcycles. There's a couple of 2011 Shadows  in the showroom, a bright red one and a shiny black one, either of which would look fabulous in my yard, but only if I win the lottery, of course! But then, for a mere $88 bi-weekly it could be mine but that would be over 84 months and I don't want to have to still be working in seven years just to pay for a motorcycle!

I got my car back yesterday and it looks great. But the final bill was over $1,700, so it should!  The insurance company did confirm it's not a chargeable accident but they increased my premiums anyway because they claim I'm putting on too many kilometres. If they don't get you one way, they get you another.

I received a call from Patti last night regarding her dad. He's had some complications with his surgery and was put back into the hospital yesterday. Then when she was on her way to work last night, the nurse on the surgical floor, where Patti works part time, called her and let her know that he had been moved to ICU. Poor girl was in such a quandary. She was on her way to work so it was too late to call and have someone else take her shift so there was little she could do except continue on but I know it will have been a worrisome night for her. I suggested that it might be better that she's at work as it would keep her mind off things, but as she pointed out, it's a night flight so when the lights are dimmed there's not a lot to do, where if she was home, she would at least be sleeping. She's gong to stop by the hospital on her way home this morning and see how things are.  The poor guy, this has been a real challenge since he had the initial surgery back at the beginning of February. It's now six weeks later and it's seems to have gone from bad to worse. . The issue seems to be an underlying infection that is causing the problems. Hopefully they can get things sorted out this time round

She also told me James is a little disturbed that we've moved his bed out. He always liked sleeping in the hallway. Last year when they were here for March Break, it was right after the Olympics. There was a  large two page photo of the winning goal from the hockey game in the newspaper and I had taped it up on the wall. He quickly dubbed that area as "The Hockey Spot". Needless to say, he was disappointed that the Hockey Spot no longer exists. But don't worry buddy, I have anther plan that you will like even better.  Just wait till you come back again! They say that when one door closes, another one opens, and wait till you see what waits behind door #2! Grandma has a plan (but then, doesn't she usually??)

Tonight after work I'm going to take a short course at the new scrap-booking store. It's on using my Cricut. I've never actually taken any courses and there are things about it I don't really know how to use. I find the instructions a little fuzzy and it will be much easier to understand once you've actually been  shown. We have to bring our machines in with us so that's a good thing. I'll learn more by doing than by just watching or being told. It will also kick start the scrap-booking again, something I haven't really done much of since being here. Just not enough hours in the day. I've finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up --- retired!  I can't wait. This working for a living is really getting in the way of the fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment