Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who knows what the traveling will be like this morning


Conditions at 5:00 am: -2' and overcast
Expected later: -4' but no more precipitation

It appears it rained after midnight (following lots of snow from 4:00 pm on) and the temperatures were above freezing but according to the weather network it's now below freezing again so it could be a little slippery. Fran and Katy are going to go with me this morning so they have the car and then they will all come into town in time to pick me up at work and I can drop them off at the airport.

Last night I came home from work to a lovely dinner of roast beef, gravy and mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, cole slaw, and biscuits. We then finished off with a layered dessert that Katy had made with vanilla pudding, cool whip and soda crackers and pie filling. It's an incredibly easy dessert but very tasty.
It's going to be very quiet around my place once they are gone. Brenda leaves on Friday for Florida so it will be a VERY quiet weekend. But I might be able to do the weaving thing with Sheila this weekend. Last Sunday got canceled because they were all sick. Hopefully they are soon feeling better.

I know that some flights got canceled last night due to the weather. Hopefully that won't impact the ladies getting out tonight. It shouldn't. I got a call from Richard last night because his mom was on her way home from a vacation trip and it looks like she may have got stranded in Montreal.  He was concerned that he should be making a hotel reservation for her but I had no idea what advise to give him. I told him I usually travel standyby  and in that case, we are on our own if we don't make a flight. But he was waiting for her to call him back when she got to Montreal for further information. I felt bad that I couldn't offer any more advise but I just didn't know.
Now it's 5:20 and first Katy, then Fran stumbled down the stairs. Katy was afraid she was going to sleep in, and Fran couldn't see the numbers on the clock and she thought it was 6:20. So now the two of them are struggling to get the coffee made and it's not going well. But the good part is they should be well awake by the time we're ready to leave at 7:00.
We made Chef Michael's bread recipe again last night and this morning it's looking mighty fine. The girls will put it into the pans later and let it rise and bake it. They all copied it down and hope to impress the men when they get home.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good girls. What a great way to spend a stormy Monday Night.

    ReplyDelete