Monday, March 28, 2011

What a creative weekend


Conditions at 5:15 am: -7' and overcast
Expected later: flurries and a high of +2'

Well, it was quite a busy weekend, and since I often don't have much to write about during the week, I will spread out the details over a couple of days.
The weekend got off to a good start on Friday night when I went over to the Van Gaals to visit after supper. Brenda had been painting and such all day and was finally ready to clean up and call it a night. She hadn't eaten yet and was going to make herself some nacho's and she thought of me. I had already eaten but there's always room for a nacho or two. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I arrived and Bernie walked into the kitchen - without any hair or beard!  Totally clean shaven.  Can you picture it?  I sure was surprised. Apparently he does this every so often then lets it start growing all over again.  It was such a surprise for me as I've never seen him without his beard.  His head is one of those that looks good shaved, unlike some people I know who have hair for a reason.

Saturday I took the day off work to go for weaving instruction. I'll write the details tomorrow but I do have a finished piece. It's not perfect but I'm very proud of it.

Sunday morning I joined Brenda and Bernie for breakfast and then we pulled out the scrapbooking supplies. Brenda did very well, and in a few short hours, we finished 8 pages. She has a good eye for colour and design so she'll be able to continue on her own. The next time we get together I'll bring over the cricut and we'll see if we can add some more embellishments to her pages. But she's got the basic idea and I find you always go back after the fact and look at the pages again and again and add little bits here and there until you are totally happy with the end result. But we were pretty pleased with what she did yesterday.  We took a picture of her with her first two page layout so I'll have to get her to send it to me.

We took a little break in the afternoon as a couple of their friends dropped by and we stopped and had tea. then we continued on until supper time. When we finished cleaning up and putting everything away, the three of us - Bernie, Brenda and I - went into town as Brenda had to pick up a bus for this morning. So we went to Phinley's for supper, in Stratford. I'd never been there before and it was good. I had the cheeseburger and fries and it was homemade with real meat, and was quite good. Will joined us for a few minutes at the end as he had something to pick up from his mom, then we left to get the bus. I got to ride in a big yellow school bus driven by bus driver Brenda.  It's been a lot of years since I sat on a school bus and as we traveled back to Fort Augustus I remembered the countless hours I spent riding on buses when I was in school. We usually lived in the country so being bussed to school was the norm. Thanks for the memories, Brenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment