Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Good morning Florida...


Conditions at 5:20 am: -4' and overcast
Expected later: a few flurries and getting colder to -6' this afternoon

I'm really pleased to see that Florida has been in again, and yes, it was indeed Brenda. She notes that they are heading out to the Keyes and are having great biking weather. I can see this becoming an annual trip!  That was always our first thought on trips to the south in the cold weather. How nice would it be to be able to motorcycle all year long!  But then it would be hard to cross country ski and believe it or not, we WOULD miss the snow. However, on that note, we haven't missed the snow we've lost yet. It's amazing how much has gone but now at least if we get more, we have somewhere to put it.  It was very mild again yesterday and raining in the afternoon and evening but it has turned colder and now all the water that was lying around is now frozen.

I was talking to Lloyd last night and he's been really sick and sounds absolutely terrible.  I'm sorry I'm not there to take care of him but at the same time I'm glad he, and his germs, are far away. I don't usually catch whatever he has although he catches everything that's going around.  I must be doing something right ( but I assure you, it's by accident if I am).  I was telling him about the hallway upstairs so he asked for a picture.  The bed is gone from the hallway and will be moved out to the bunky. It won't be an issue next Christmas, as I know the Dennison family is going to Port Elgin for Christmas but in future years, we will need to have a way clear to the bunky and some heat installed so we can use it year round. I also have the mattress off the futon that can be used on the floor for a couple of little people inside as well. We'll figure it all out. Eventually when Lloyd gets his garage built (which won't be for quite some time) I may have a space upstairs to put all my 'stuff' and we could use the third bedroom as a bedroom again. Of course by that time, the kids will likely be older and won't be so keen to go and visit their grandparents. I know that happens but hopefully they will like coming here for quite a while longer.

My car went in for repairs yesterday. It sustained some damages in a parking lot and the person involved never left any information. That fact is something that everyone I spoke to here can't imaging happening. But even though the damage doesn't look that bad the estimate is approximately $1,300 so I had no choice but to put it through my insurance. At least that way it will only cost me $500. I had to go and do a police report for the insurance company. The body shop guy from Donagh called me yesterday to say the parts are in, and he came out and picked up my car and left a car for me to use. He says mine should be done today. What really annoys me is that I drove back and forth to town everyday all winter, in all kinds of terrible weather, and not a scratch, and them some idiot does this!  But it happens, and that's why we have insurance. But it still ticks me off, as I can think of all kinds of things I could do with $500 except pay for some jerks mistake.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment