Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our intentions were good


Conditions at 5:15 am: -3' and partly cloudy
Expected later: overcast and 0'

Well, we thought we might get started. Yesterday afternoon, I talked to Brenda and she was busy painting, trying to get the last bits done in the porch. We agreed that I would pick up a BBQ chicken and some rolls on my way home and we would make chicken sandwiches for supper then start on the scrapbook. So after work I stopped at the store, then went home, let the dog out and headed over to her place. She was just cleaning up from painting so the timing was great. We put everything together on the table and we all sat down and ate. Just when we were finished Big Bang Theory came on the TV in the kitchen so we decided to take our tea into the living room and watch it. Then one more TV show came on that we watched and by then we were just too darned relaxed and our day had caught up with all of us (Caitlin included). So that was that. We decided that perhaps we might wait until Sunday and maybe do some right after church on Sunday morning, then if it's bad weather we can work as long as we want. Evenings are just too short to really get started. I think that once she gets going, then she can just pick it up whenever she gets the notion to and has the time.

Yet one more sign of spring yesterday morning on my way to work. I was driving down my road on the way to the corner and a big fat racoon waddled across the road in front of me. It's the first one I've seen this year. Surprisingly I've not yet seen any lying dead on the road.

The weather network is calling for snow flurries over the next couple of day. Hopefully it won't be anything too serious.  Yesterday the sales manager was telling me about a customer who came in yesterday and bought a brand new car and insisted that the studded winter tires be taken off her old car and put onto her new one. Now that's a pessimist, or maybe a realist, I'm not sure which. As long as we don't have lots of snow for me to drive in on the way to Belfast on Saturday morning. I'm not sure I'll be able to find my way in the daylight. Some of my landmarks for indicating where to make some of the turns included street lights. I've never been there in the daylight, so hopefully it will all come back to me as I travel.  I'd better take a map with me just in case!  I'm looking forward to having the opportunity of trying out a loom and seeing just exactly how it operates.  Then maybe some of what I've tried to read will make sense.

Before I forget, and I probably don't have it exactly right, but yesterday afternoon I saw a quote in the Guardian from David Weale, that was really cute and it went something like this: 
"Sometimes your knight in shining armour 
is just a hot dog wrapped in tin foil" 



No comments:

Post a Comment