Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another gray day



Conditions at 5:15 am: 10' and rainy
Expected later: 10' and rainy

Everyone is getting so tired of cold, wet weather. That's about all everyone I've been driving lately talks about. But then once we get chatting about it, we start talking about weather and conditions in other parts of the world and we agree, we really shouldn't be whining because we still have it pretty good. But a bit of sun would be nice. They are predicting sunny and 17' for Thursday so let's hope they are at least close with that one.

I've been following our friends Mike and Carol's blog. They did a trip down through the US in their camper. They did a total of 6,240 miles in three weeks. They enjoyed some quality time with their son and his family and had a great trip. One of the really annoying aspects of the trip was that they rushed home because Mike has a job at Neustedt brewery and had to be back at work. But when they returned they found that the brewery had hired someone else to replace Mike. The kicker was that they posted the job the day that Mike and Carol left on holidays. Talk about unfair!  Had they had any idea, they could have spent more time with their family, as there would have been no reason to hurry back.

I got lovely emails from Lina and Jolene yesterday. I sent them a message to let them know that Lina's camera card was in the mail and Jolene had left a pair of shoes here. I told them Brenda also says Hi. These are the replies I received:


Oh Sandy , what can I say?  Thank you for such great hospitality!  You really outdid yourself.  The food was great, the company was fantastic, but best of all – your friendship was as always amazing!!!!

I loved your house and the scenery and I hope to someday return for a few more days of R & R.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

PS….remember you are up earlier than I, so I will enjoy reading your blog while I am having my daily coffee.

Miss you already!

Lina



Hi Sandy, we missed you as soon as you left us in Moncton!  Thanks for the info about my running shoes; however, they were only $20.00 and I do have other pairs here so you need not worry about returning them to me.  I will be sure to follow your blog to see what is happening ‘on the island’.  Thanks so much for your loving hospitality.  Hi right on back to Brenda!  
Jolene

 It was such a pleasure to host the two of them for a couple of days and I sincerely hope they return again. I haven't heard yet how the conference went, but I'm sure a great time was had by all. Hopefully the next time they visit, it will be a little warmer and much dryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment