Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A lucky streak

Conditions at 5:15 am: overcast and 7'
Expected later: 16' and mix of sun and cloud

I can't believe my string of good luck lately. Lloyd says I should be buying lotto tickets. First, a couple of months ago, I entered a contest on the Paul McCartney web site to win a copy of his newest DVD and didn't I win it. Then I entered a contest online to win coupons for packages of free bagels - and I won that too. Now the best one. On Saturday I was taking the garbage from the shed to the waste management place in town. While I was unloading the truck I saw an old wagon wheel just lying by itself on the floor. It was exactly what I was looking for to stand up against my new mini barn. (That was Brenda's idea). So I asked if I could have it and sure enough, I could. I thought it would be hard to find one and there it was in the trash!

I'm always amazed at where visitors to this site come from. I know they stumble upon it by accident when they are searching key words but it still fascinates me that someone on the other side of the world is able to read about our little island. This morning I noted there were visitors from Australia, Cairo, Istanbul and Santiago. The world has truly become a very small place!

Okay, I'm off. I have company coming on Monday and I've got lots of cleaning to do. My plan is to get it done by Saturday night so I can go out and play on Sunday, rather than spending the whole day getting ready for my guests. So every bit of extra time can be spent accomplishing little jobs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment