Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quite the contrast


Conditions at 5:30 am: 3' and a few clouds
Expected later: 18' and sunny

How exactly does one dress on a day like today? It's really cold in the morning and going to be quite warm in the afternoon. Gives the concept of layering a whole new meaning.
It will be nice to see the sun and have some warmth. The leaves are starting to come out on the trees and will soon be out in full. Right now I can still see through the branches on either side of the property when I look out the window, but in another week or so it will be like a secluded little oasis, where when I look out my side windows, all I see is greenery. 

I have to admit I did nothing last night. I did make some salad for my lunches and some granola bars for my morning snacks, and other than that I just vegged. I was quite tired but didn't want to go to bed too early or I'd be up way to early again and the cycle would just keep continuing. So I managed to stay up until my normal bed time and had a great nights sleep. My day yesterday was quite busy so that helped immensely.

Now today is going to be sunny and warm so I will get outside when I get home this afternoon and do some much needed work out there. I still have a fence wire that needs to be buried and more grass to cut. And of course, I also have wood to start splitting. My only dilemma will be what to do with it. I usually stack it as I split it but that's not ready yet so I suppose I will just pile it behind the shed for now until Lloyd's comes back in a month or so.

I dropped into DBL Dream Machines yesterday and picked up a couple of short sleeved T-shirts to wear to work in the summer. Okay, they're Honda motorcycle shirts but at least they say Honda on them. Those customers who drive motorcycles will know we don't sell or carry motorcycle stuff and those who don't ride won't know the difference so "it's all good!" I didn't see any bags like the one Brenda has on the back of her bike but Lloyd is going to look at a place he goes to in Kitchener. They may have something there and because it's not any particular dealer, they might have something generic that won't be as expensive as those items that have the brand name on them. Makes no difference to me if it says 'Honda' on it or not.

One of our salesmen had his 65th birthday yesterday so Pam asked me to go to Dairy Queen in the afternoon and pick up an ice cream cake. I've never tasted a Dairy Queen ice cream cake before and now I totally understand why it's Greg's favorite cake. It was quite delicious. Pam says her two daughters love those and that's all they get for special celebrations. Now I know why. 

Can't believe it's Thursday already and so far the weather forecast for Sunday is warm and sunny. Let's keep our fingers crossed that continues. Our only dilemma now on Sundays will be trying to decide just what to do.
I had quite a lengthy chat yesterday afternoon with a customer who was interested in the fact that I have a kayak. It's something he's been wanting to try but was reluctant to spend the money they want at Sporting Intentions in case he didn't like it but was afraid to buy a less expensive model in case it wasn't up to the task. I told him we both have the less expensive models and have a great time with them. He was asking all kinds of questions and it will be interesting to see if he does go ahead and get one. I highly recommended it to him as it's been a great source of enjoyment for both Brenda and I.


1 comment:

  1. You've never had a Dairy Queen Ice cream cake before. How did you get through life this far without that? can't believe it I just can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete