Friday, May 20, 2011

It was glorious



Conditions at 5:30 am: 14' and overcast
Expected later:  21' and isolated showers

What a wonderful day yesterday, It met and exceeded everyone's expectations. After so much rain and dreary weather it was so great to have a really warm, sunny day. Everyone was just so upbeat yesterday,
Typically Thursdays are the quietest day of the week but both last Thursday and yesterday were very busy. I put  200 kms on the car yesterday and I never left town. That's a lot of trips back and forth.

After work, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. While shopping my phone rang and it was Brenda. They had decided to go to Morell for supper on their bikes and were inviting me to join them. I asked when they were leaving and she said, as soon as you get here. So I quickly checked out and headed up the road. But then I thought about it and it was going to be a while till I got home and changed and got over to their place. In the end I told them to go ahead and I would just meet them there in the car. So that's what I did. I got just about a minute ahead of them. The restaurant has new owners and has apparently undergone a complete make over. It's quite lovely inside, they've done a really nice job. But there are a few bugs still to work out. There seemed to be adequate staff but the food took quite a long time to arrive. When it did, the two burgers that were ordered were missing some of the advertised ingredients - bacon and red onion. When asked about it they were brought out on small side plates but the burgers were half eaten by that time. On the plus side, Brenda and I chose to split a club sandwich, and they put split the order in the kitchen, putting half on two plates. That was a nice touch. We don't know how long they've been open but it doesn't appear to have been very long. I suppose to be fair, we really should give them a bit more time and then try it again.

I went out to the airport to pick Lloyd up last night only to discover that his flight was delayed about 20 minutes. I had taken Cooper with me so we just walked around outside until I heard the plane come in. Because dogs are not allowed inside, I tied him to a sign post just outside the door. I went inside and people were just coming in off the plane. Just as I saw Lloyd coming towards the door, the dog came rushing inside, Turns out he had pulled hard enough on the rope to break the snap. So I was down on the floor trying to contain said dog and as Lloyd approached I could see him looking all over for me. I stuck up my hand and said, "I'm down here" at which point the dog went really nuts trying to jump all over. Needless to say, it drew quite a chuckle from the other travelers.
So that was our excitement for the evening, On the way home, Lloyd asked "Did you see Chef Michael?" I asked where was he, and Lloyd said he was on the flight. In my efforts to contain one wiggly dog, I missed that. And someone that tall is pretty hard to miss in a crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment