Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Feels like old times!


I dropped Lloyd off at the airport this morning and then headed downtown for coffee at Timothy's. I had thought about just staying at the airport and doing my blog from there until time to go to work, as I was so close, but decided against that one. As I drove around the corner and came up to the coffee shop, it felt so familiar even though it will soon be a year since that was my usual routine. So now I'm sitting at my usual table, typing away on my computer, and Lloyd is on his way back to Toronto. As has become the norm, it's raining lightly outside, but the wind has died down and it's not as cool as yesterday was. With any luck, we may see some sunshine this afternoon. I just might be able to get outside and do some more grass after all.

We had a good visit but once again, there were too many jobs and too little time. But some major ones got done. I now have a big pile of wood that needs splitting but that will allow me to spend some quality time outside working on my tan! I have a lawn mower that is fixed, and a new window in my back door that has a screen that can be opened. Does it get any better than that?

Last night Lloyd picked me up and we went to the Merchantman for supper then stopped in at the Van Gaals on the way home to look for rims for the truck. We had tea with Bernie and Brenda before heading home to do the laundry so Lloyd would have clean clothes to take back with him. We watched a couple of programs on the TV while waiting for the dryer and before we knew it the time was 11:00. Way past my usual bed time.  I must have been afraid I was going to sleep past the 4:30 alarm because I fell asleep and a little while later I woke up. I felt I'd been asleep for quite some time but when I looked at the alarm, it was 11:23. That couldn't be right. I figured I must have hit something when I was setting the alarm. So I got up and checked the clock in the other room and sure enough, it was correct. I think I woke up every half hour after that. Needless to say I will sleep well tonight.

Yesterday was a very quiet day, lets hope today is the same, but then again, it might be better to keep really busy as the day will go by faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment