Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bring on the warmth



Conditions at 5:00 am: 8' and a some cloud
Expected later: cloudy and 21'

What a difference it makes now that it's stopped raining, if only for a couple of days. Everyone I drove yesterday (and there were lots) was so happy it had finally stopped raining. It really does affect your state of mind. I heard that in the past 31 days, we had rain on 29 of them. No wonder everyone was getting so depressed. Now everyone is just talking about the fact it's going to be so warm today. Let's hope it really happens.

When I got home last night, I started up the lawn mower and tackled the grass out in the back. It felt so good to be able to get outside and do something. Unfortunately the belt slipped off the mower again. I'm thinking now that maybe it wasn't my fault the last time cause this time I didn't do anything to it. I was just cutting the grass and then it stopped cutting. Good thing Lloyd arrives tonight. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain on Friday and Saturday so it will have to wait until Sunday and Monday. But at least he'll be here in case it happens again. We'll have to find out why that keeps happening because I sure don't know how to put it back on.

Some things in this world just make you shake your head in amazement. I have a credit card for a department store that I have used once. It seems when I paid it at least a year ago, I overpaid by 36 cents. I got a statement in the mail a week ago showing that they had put a transaction through of 36 cents to bring it to a zero balance. Made sense to me.  Then yesterday I received another envelope in the mail from the credit card company which appears to be now based out of Atlanta,  Georgia and inside was a cheque for 36 cents. It cost them 80 cents in postage to mail it from Atlanta, not to mention the cost involved in processing a cheque. I know these things are likely computer generated but you would think the people who write these programs would be able to come up with something that would delete these small transactions. But then again, I suppose they make enough in interest to more than cover these types of things. Just seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Lloyd arrives at 11:35 tonight (hopefully). Standby is usually such a gamble but so far it's looking good. I'll be working the first two days he's here and if it rains, I suppose he'll just have to relax for a couple of days. That's not a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment